Needing some support!

Options
I've been on MFP before with another username-- but it had been so long since I logged in I couldn't remember any of my information. I am looking for a clean start anyways.. I'm a 27 year old elementary teacher who has a hard time balancing school and working out during the school year. Now that school is out my husband who is also on here has challenged me to a 60 day summer challenge-- who can have the higher percentage of weight loss (kinda like on biggest loser). The winner gets a weekend to plan whatever they want to do with the other one and the other spouse can't complain. I'm hoping that since I am starting this journey at the start of summer I can get some progress made before school starts, and that way I will be motivated to make time for working out consistently once school starts My overall goal is to lose 100 if not more pounds, but my smaller goal is to win this challenge!

I am looking for friends who are around my age and have around the same amount of weight to lose or at least had similar starting weights! Add me! I plan on being on here everyday this summer so I can offer lots of support and I would love support on this journey that I feel like I am starting for the 100th time!!

Replies

• Buff2022
    Buff2022 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I hope you are 27 and not 17! Welcome back.

I am doing a memorial day to labor day weight loss challenge. I plan on winning. So I am back on track TODAY. Thursday and Friday were rough days. So here I am back at it.

My diary is public if you want to look at what I eat etc.
  • linz2bslim
    Options
    Like you struggled with my weight as long as I can remember and could do with loading the nimum of 90 pound any more would be welcome so I will take the challenge with feel free to add me as a friend
  • butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Always could use a new supportive friend. :)
  • shivette23
    Options
    I am on a 21 day challenge for my 30th birthday, would be nice to be able have motivation and help others with motivation.
  • mistybreiner
    Options
    That is an awesome challenge! I should invite my husband to the same!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    As someone who has came and went, and came back to MFP, about 2-3 times, I would love to push you to stick with it.
  • JMarie1991
    JMarie1991 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, someone told me about this site and said it would be helpful in my weight loss journey. I started using it today (June 1, 2013) and just added in my foods for the day up until 4pm EST and I never realized how much I was under eating. I am hoping this site helps me to lose the remaining 60 pounds since I have been stuck for the past 3 years when what I was doing before just stopped working. I have taken off 120 pounds and the last 60 just did not seem to want to budge. After scrutinizing my eating habits I was under eating and my body started to store everything I ate as fat. So I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will help me get enough nutrients into my body to start burning the fat instead of storing it. Wish me luck.