Can fat, lumpy thighs can become anything else?

Options
I am so frustrated!! It seems that whilst fat is melting away from most parts of my body, it is just clinging onto my thighs and hips . . . .and not in a pretty way either. My whole thigh area is just full of lumps and bumps which seem to be too large to be cellulite. Is this NORMAL? Any other formerly morbidly obese people with these flumps (fat lumps)? I'm still obese so not expecting miracles. . . .but my fear is I'll be the kind of slim that is unable to EVER show thighs. Would appreciate any advice.:frown:

Replies

• Run4Me2Day
    Run4Me2Day Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Well if it is to large to be cellulite, you should see a doctor. If it is cellulite...and you are doing the right things it will decrease.
  • skrakalaka
    skrakalaka Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. No advice, my only hope is that one day it will get better. I'm small everywhere else, it is pretty frustrating.
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    Granted I wasn't morbidly obese when I started, but I did find that it got worse before it got better. Also, it's very possible that the fat on your thighs and hips will come off last which really sucks, but it's just the way it goes for some of us! The best way you can help the appearance is by ensuring that you are doing some form of resistance training (if possible a solid lifting program) while losing so that you can retain as much LBM in the process.

Keep at it! You will get there :)
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Water helps push fat out of the body, so be sure you are drinking plenty of water. Running helped me reduce my thighs tremendously. Squats have helped to tighten them up. Also, I massage moisturizer on my thighs ( and other areas,too) at least twice a day. A couple of MFP had suggested a firming cream when I first started such as Nivea or Jergens, but actually, what has worked best for me and is less expensive is St. Ives with collagen elastin. It takes time, but it is worth it.
  • leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'm fairly certain that fat, lumpy thighs cannot become thin smooth arms. lol

Seriously though, people store their fat in different places. And the last fat to go is always different for everyone. Some store it in the front of their stomach. Others (like me) store it in the spare tire around the side of their stomach. Some store it in their thighs. (and a few I know seem to store it in their brain but that's another story). And it always will be the last to go no matter what you do. Targeted exercise won't matter. It will just be last. Always.

So just keep at it and eventually it will leave. It just takes time.
  • Embee_2311
    Embee_2311 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks for at least making me laugh! Yeah, I guess I'll just have to wait things out . . . . .
  • Embee_2311
    Embee_2311 Posts: 47
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone for your responses. I definitely will take your advice - it's more than I was able to come up with on my own.

:flowerforyou: