New member, striving for health. 80+ to lose.

Options
Hi, I'm new to this site and hoping to find some like-minded people to share this weight loss and health-gain journey with. I grew up fit and relatively slim, but starting putting on weight in my twenties. By my 30s, I was overweight and uncomfortable with my new figure. I joined MFD (a different logging site) at 197 lbs in '08 and successfully lost 30 pounds. I was well on my way to my goal weight, but unfortunately I gave up, gained back all 30 lbs, and then proceeded to gain 37 MORE lbs since then. Now at 234 lbs, I am disgusted with myself for letting it get to this point.

I will be 40 next month and I really want to march proudly into my 40s with a healthy new lifestyle.

I also want to be a positive role model for my youngest relatives, some of whom are already struggling with weight at a very young age. I don't have children of my own, but I can make a difference by being a living example of successfully taking control of one's own health.

I feel hopeful, I feel fat, I feel older than I am, I feel like eating potato chips, I feel like none of my clothes fit me, I feel like I can probably do this if I set my mind to it, and I feel like reaching out to a few people who are interested in sharing a journey toward health.

NW

Replies

• butterflyluv1218
    Options
    Hi there. Feel free to add me. I have about the same amount to lose and would love a new friend. Good luck on your journey.
  • MzBowie
    MzBowie Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi newways,I'm new to the message board,not quite so new to fitness pal.We are about the same weight and have about the same amount to lose. I would love to have a buddy to go through this adventure with. Wishing you all the best!!
  • jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I've have noticed that the encouragement and push from the right people on this site can yield great results.
    It's wonderful that you are back, and let us all help you to banish those pounds and inches to the briny deep where they belong.