Cruise opinions/suggestions

Options
shorty458
shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
Hello!

My friend's father had a voucher for a free cruise, which he gave to my husband and I for a honeymoon! :) We never actually had one, so this is great. We'll need to get passports, but thats no big deal.

it's for a 4 day cruise, and we have a few options.

One is the Bahamas and the port of calls are Freeport and Nassau. I like how it has 2 port of calls. It would leave from Port Canaveral or I could also leave form Jacksonville.

The other one is Cozumel and it leaves from Tampa, where I live! I live probably about 25 mins away from the Port of Call in Tampa.

Opinions on these cruises

They both seem great. I would like things to do in the Port of Call. Probably wouldn't be interested in the excursions, more looking for free or low cost fun in the port of calls w/in walking distance. :)

Thank you for any suggestions. :)

Replies

• Tatonka_usn
    Tatonka_usn Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Having taken 2 great cruises (one for my honeymoon), I had all sorts of ideas. Then I noticed that you're constrained by going to the Caribbean, and all my thoughts went out the window. Sorry, I did the Mediterranean, the the Baltic/Scandanavia....no interest in the the Americas (other than Alaska).....
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a Royal Caribbean cruise from Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it was a blast!

Beware though, Mexico is mucho mucho hot right now this time of year.
  • shorty458
    shorty458 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I just came back from a Royal Caribbean cruise from Tampa to Grand Cayman and Cozumel and it was a blast!

Beware though, Mexico is mucho mucho hot right now this time of year.

Thanks for the info. :) Well, I'm used to the heat... I live in Tampa. We wouldn't go until Oct or Nov. Especially now w/ hurricane season starting and a lot of hurricanes tend to go through the Gulf.
  • elpiper
    elpiper Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    if you do the bahamas only i believe they don't require a passport but a birth certificate will do. If you do mexico and cayman islands its a different strory and you need the passport. Both are fantastic, but I would say what sort of excursions do you want to do? Cozumel has some mayan ruins nearby that are pretty freaking neat and the bahamas has lots of relaxation options. both are worth it though. I've done both twice :)
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Bahamas is amazing. Fresh conch is delish
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    My parents went on a cruise several months ago and they went to Cozumel and some other places along the way, too. They enjoyed it. And the food they had on the cruise, if you're on a diet, good luck on that.