Insanity . . . 1 week and I am impressed

Options
After much debate and hmm-ing and ahh-ing I finally gave in and thought I would give insanity a go, so the day it came I took my measurements and hid my scale (everything I read says to take measurements, don't use a scale), which is fine by me! I have committed myself to a few different workout programs, some set for me, some I created myself and I was use to at the start a half an inch loss or so around my waist, maybe a little off the hips, I never lose inches around my arms.
Today is the first day of my second week of Insanity, so time for the measurements. I closed my eyes as I wrapped the tape around my waist, the words of negative reviews running through my mind and postitive me thinking how could I sweat that much and have nothing change. Surely something moved. When I held my finger in place on the tape and then pulled it away I looked at the number and then measured again- that has to be wrong, I thought, no way. But Yes- it was true 1.5 inches off my waist in just one week! Maybe for some that is not impressive, but for me, with re-occuring thyroid issues and a slow metabolism it was like a bloody miracle. I frantically measured my thigh, arm and hips and calculated out a total of 3.3 inches in one week.
The workout is tough, yes and it leaves me feeling completely out of breath and at times I doubt my abilities, but I have pushed myself. I love knowing I did it without some crazy starvation diet or just boring old cardio on its own, it is so worth it. I can't wait to be able to sprint up the three flights of stairs in my office without feeling like I need a 20 minute recovery break, instead of taking the elevator and being able to have the energy and confidence to go out and feel like myself again.
I am way out of shape, fattest, least active I have ever been- yes I have to take several breaks and even the fit test left me winded and sore, but it is worth it.
If you are just starting keep at it, it can only get better!!! Trust me, if I can do this anyone can!!

Replies

• lu1022
    lu1022 Posts: 61
    Options
    Congrats :) even a small change is an improvement. I am on day four of the first week and so far I have to take plenty of breaks, but I sure do work up a sweat! I see some improvements just by looking in the mirror. I can't wait to finish my first week so I can take my measurements again! Keep up the good work!
  • bawalker11
    bawalker11 Posts: 78
    Options
    Day 4 was definitely the hardest for me during the first week- I think my muscles didn't want to move. Good luck with your journey!!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Yay! I did insanity about a yr and a half ago. I lost 14 lbs and I can't remember how many inches. I love it still. I am a runner at heart but I still pop in Shaun T to break up the routine. Good luck! Stick to it, your going to be surprised by how awesome u look and feel when you are done!
  • micheabr
    micheabr Posts: 72
    Options
    Welld done one managing to keep going. I'm on Day 6 of Insanity and I can honestly say I LOVE it (whilst still hating it at the same time :P). I can't to see what I look like on day 60!
  • Gavery1
    Gavery1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Wow that's an amazing inch loss in just one week. I used to do insanity and absolutely loved it. It was so hard but I felt great for doing it. Unfortunately I had to stop because it was too hard on my knees :-(

Your doing great. Keep it up :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!