Need some help and support

Options
Hi everyone,
I am new to this and realized the other day, that nothing I have done so far by myself has worked. I need to get some outside help and support. My family does not have much faith in my weight loss because they have heard this many times before with little or no results. I need to lose weight to be healthier and set a better example for my kids. Any and all support is welcome. Thanks.

Replies

• lisalynn35
    lisalynn35 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and consider yourself supported!
  • lessjess1
    lessjess1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place! THIS is your time! Lets do this!
  • mm61470
    mm61470 Posts: 10
    Options
    welcome! i just recently joined myself and the people on here are wonderful-and the site is the best one i've seen out there!! love to be your support!
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Just stick to your calorie count and you'll start feeling and seeing success. Good luck to you! If you've got a question all you do is have to ask and you'll get plenty of answers. We've all been there.
  • pbkfit70
    pbkfit70 Posts: 38
    Options
    I only joined (again) this week and the members are great. Together we can do it!

:wink:
  • Angiepackmom4
    Options
    You are defintely in the right direction joining this website. If you input all of your food and stay within the guidelines of the calorie MFP says then you are going to see results/lose weight. Nothing magical about it just plain math. That's why I love this website. It's very logical so I can deal with it since I have parameters to gy by. Your family will be amazed. Add me as a friend if you would like.
  • Barbie55127
    Barbie55127 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You can do this there is so much support here!! We are all fighting the same war!!!
  • fanullona
    fanullona Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I was in the same exact position. I can't even count the amount of times I told everyone I know 'I'm doing it for real this time! I'm going to slim down and stay that way forever!' but before long my strict diet and exercise regime would slip, I'd gain back what I lost, become discouraged and gain even more weight than I'd started with.
    So don't worry! We're here for you! We understand the challenges and are familiar with the skepticism you face. It's important to log into the site every day to keep yourself in check and to get that little bit of encouragement and inspiration you need to stick to your goals.
    Good luck!! :bigsmile:
  • warrior5923
    Options
    Hey there....hey i'm new to this as well....I realized the "old way" wasnt getting me anything but unhappy and unfit.....so its time to find a new way. I think everyone can use some support in this battle because ITS JUST NOT EASY. Old habits fight bitterly hard to survive. Good luck on your journey, i wish you success and happiness.

respectfully,
    Kenny
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Like many have said before me, you've come to the right place!! Welcome to MFP, and best wishes on your goals & fitness journey. If you want it enough, if you're determined enough, nothing will stop you.

If you're on Facebook as well, please consider joining the group I created there, called Motivation. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=268180696780

Again, best wishes & feel free to send a friend request my way!

~ Chandra
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Recently started myself. You'll be glad you joined. Remember you can succeed.
  • steph_armstrong
    Options
    Hi and Welcome. This site is full of great tools and loads of supportive people.
  • amandafelts
    Options
    Congratulations on starting your journey! The only thing that will work is consistency. You can’t look at good healthy choices as being on a “diet”. Furthermore, this so called “diet” should not be viewed as “punishment” for being (Oh, I’m going to say it……….…..here comes the politically incorrect word)………….……. “fat”. Being able to live in a country where we have the ability to CHOOSE what and how much we’re eating…..whew – hallelujah that is called a PRIVILEGE!

Know that we’re ALL in the same boat – together. Whether you’re a healthy weight, 5 pounds overweight, or 500 pounds overweight ALL of our food choices should be exactly the same! Do you really think that 120 pound drop-dead gorgeous woman at the restaurant that is eating CHOCOLATE CAKE really does that ALL the time? The answer is NO. She probably ate really healthy ALL week long just so she could splurge and enjoy her cake. God bless her for it! (Don’t be a hater.) That’s really what it’s all about. Making the right choices MOST of the time – not ALL of the time. I’ll tell you what I do……I log my food every day. My goal is to eat 8,400 calories per WEEK, not per DAY. If I knew that I had to stay below 1,200 calories every single day I’d go insane. Granted, I keep my average at 1,200 calories. But this weekly average method allows for those pizza and chocolate nights. I can do that, I’m allowed – because I’ve planned for it throughout the week. I know that not everyone would agree with me – I’m telling you what works for me. My hobby is food –healthy food, fast food, Mexican food, Italian food – It really doesn’t matter, I love it ALL. So, I’ve made my trips to Whole Foods and healthy eating part of my hobby. I consider it a challenge and a joy to make the healthiest meals possible for my husband and myself. I owe ME that much! And YOU owe it to YOURSELF too!
    In your boat,
    Amanda
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best of luck! Hope you can get some support at home
  • Andreamofme
    Andreamofme Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You've come to the right place. The cummunity posts and encouragement are great. We're all here for the same reason. :flowerforyou:
  • Andre_Demers
    Options
    We are all in the same boat. The first step is to start and I'am sorry to say that it's not the hardest. Never stop even if you stumble. Try not to be by yourself to do this. You have kids I read, well use them, play games with them on ways to lose weight. Do not cheat with yourself and write everything you eat and exercise. The good and the bad. Then build from that. All the best and congradulations on starting yourself to a better life. :smile:
  • QueeenB
    QueeenB Posts: 2
    Options
    Good morning: I am right there with you. Mom of 2, tired of being overweight - had a hugely stressful job for the past 6 years and put on the weight, now want to get it off and feel better. Support at home is almost non-existent. So hopefully, we can help each other and keep each other motivated! Best wishes for success....don't forget to start your food diary....I just started mine 2 minutes ago...it will keep you accountable to yourself!