one day fast

Options
loistryin
loistryin Posts: 70 Member
I have been off track most of this school year (I am a middle school teacher) I did participate in a I think it was 8 week healthiest loser program we had at work. I did well using MFP. It ended and I got off track and haven't been able to get back on. I heard a colleague had been losing weight by fasting I think it was two days a week. I did it yesterday and my self esteem went back up after feeling very discouraged and hopeless. I drank diet soda, milk, juice, a small milkshake and water and one or two bananas.

I know I know....some of you will say how much of each....and diet soda is not good for you....and juice has sugar... For ME, however it was a major NSV. I am going to try to do it another day this week. I have to find something that will work for me during the very stressful school year. I am going to try to spiff up my resume this summer and think about transferring to another school or applying to another county/stare.

Thanks for letting me share my NSV!

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    If you are going to continue, please read up on intermittent fasting or the 5:2 diet.
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    Good for you! I too fast but only for 2 meals at a time. For example today I skipped dinner and will not eat again until lunch time tomorrow . I only do it once a month so it's hardly going to make a difference other than how I feel spiritually and of course it gives my digestive system a bit of a break! There are many routes we can take to achieve the health and fitness we desire, yours and mine may not be everybody's route but if it works, stick with it, I certainly intend to!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!