Body Beast

Options
Hi all:

My husband and I are starting Body Beast on Monday. We've been working with a trainer twice/week and decided to save some money by getting this program, especially now that we've learned proper form and have started working on our clean eating. My main concern is the amount of calories the program recommends. It's quite a bit more than what I've been taking in but it's supposed to be to support and help muscle growth & repair.

If any others have completed this program, especially women, I'd love to hear your comments about how it went, what was great - not so great, etc...

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    What are the stated goals of the diet plan? To help you lose fat or gain muscle? If its a muscle building program, it will have you eating at a surplus, which if your goalis fat loss, you won't want to do.
  • robpbeachbod
    Options
    Hi - have done Body Beast before and had great results! the goal of the program is to gain lean mass - however to do that you have to eat the extra calories like the diet guide says. Do i feel like it's a little over the top after coming off a round of P90X2? yes. However - thats only for the first two phases - the last phase is a shred phase and i see a ton of great results.

I am starting Body Beast again on monday - but this time I am mixing in some P90X Yoga and Insanity fast and furious to keep up with my cardio and flexibility. As much as i want to "get big" I also want to keep my fitness somewhat functional. I know it's a trade off for some of the size but i'm okay with that.

I think if you are eating clean and eating half of the excess calories above your maintenance levels i think you'd cut your fat gain substantially. Good luck - this is a great program and i am happy to see you guys are working out together! couples that push together stay together :)