5'2 ish 110-120 girls, how many cals are you aiming for?

Options
I'm having trouble finding how much I should really be eating... I've been told many different things. I'm small framed and only 5'2'', but i'm fairly active. I run anywhere from 30-60 minutes 5-6x/week and do a little bit of strength training maybe 3-4x/week.

I'm not necessarily looking to lose weight, but I have to start my summer training for cross country season which means more miles and work. How much are you guys eating, and if anyone could help, how much should I be eating?

Any advice would be amazing, thank you.

Replies

• monkey9994
    monkey9994 Posts: 10
    Options
    try calculating your daily calorie needs online its takes in account your activity level and how many you need to maintain; http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm
    as your quite active and need muscle i would suggest around 2000, in also 5ft 2" and i do about 3-4 days of 60mins cardio a weeks and maintain around 1800
    hope it helps!
  • monkey9994
    monkey9994 Posts: 10
    Options
    oh and im 104 pound not 110 but same height
  • MzManiak
    MzManiak Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I don't exercise everyday.... so I have mine at 1250 and if I exercise, I add those calories in as well.
  • youareorange
    youareorange Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot. I'm 5'2" and I eat around 1500 calories a day but I keep fairly active so it's more like 1700-2000 depending on how much I'm doing that day.

Have you tried putting your activity level and other stats into MFP and get it to calculate your calories per day? I did that to give myself a rough estimate.
  • Strawberryrunner
    Options
    Thank you!
  • Strawberryrunner
    Options
    Oh ok, yeah my RD told me to aim for at least 1500, but I feel as though I need less? I used the MFP tool to re-calculate and it says I need around 1690cals/day... So I think I'm just going to try and keep it between that range.

Thank you very much(:
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    5'2 120lb and I maintain on 2000-2200; lose 1800-1900. Right now all I do is lift heavy with a 5 day split for 45-60 mins.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Oh ok, yeah my RD told me to aim for at least 1500, but I feel as though I need less? I used the MFP tool to re-calculate and it says I need around 1690cals/day... So I think I'm just going to try and keep it between that range.

Thank you very much(:

You are way too active to eat less!! Please fuel your body for your workouts, you can lose/maintain eating much more.
  • Strawberryrunner
    Options
    You're right, that is something I am working on right now. I'm trying to avoid unnecessary weight gain, it will probably slow me down for cross country. But I know that I need to increase it gradually.

Thank you for the advice! (: