Pedometer Watches

Options
Alright. So I am weary about getting a pedometer that doesn't work with the bounce in your step. BUT. I hate trying to clip them on my waist band, and I don't always have pockets. Yes I have an ipod. I don't want an arm band. I have fat arms *L* I'm fussy.

SO. I am looking at buying an accelerometer pedometer watch, does anyone have any recommendations? or has an idea of what to look for in one? I am after something metric, and want it to have a calorie function and that's about all I know. ha.

Replies

• simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Good luck, I've looked into them and not found any that do what I want. I bought a Polar one at one time thinking it would do the job but after reading a bunch of negative reviews regarding the step functions, I returned it unopened. Let us know what you find out, I haven't looked at them in the past 6 months or so to see if there is anything new out.
  • SandraMay1982
    Options
    I'm finding it hard to believe that NO ONE has a pedometer watch on here. really. COME ONE. ANYONE got one they like? or any tips at all on one? Otherwise I'm just going to blindly spend $130AUD on something and not be %100 sure about it.
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I'm trying to look into buying a pedometer watch too, I'd like one that does HRM at the same time so I dont need two machines but I think it is really confusing! Have you tried just going to amazon and reading the reviews? It is probably a more reliable view than what is on an independant website which can delete negatives.
  • JessikaJ
    JessikaJ Posts: 43
    Options
    My cellphone has a pedometer on it... So far i have found this to be the best way for me since my phone is on my at all times. I have never thought about a watch one though! I would love to have one that does heart rate too! Maybe i will look into them!