1 pound of lean ground beef = ...?

Options
moochachip
moochachip Posts: 237 Member
So I have a pound of 80% lean ground beef that I need to figure out what to do with. It needs to be something I can reheat and eat for other meals.

I am open to any suggestions and recipes.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    goulash, spaghetti, chili, meatloaf
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    tacos or burritos...ummm
  • Emisole
    Emisole Posts: 65
    Options
    Yumm, taco soup.
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    can make a meatloaf, then left overs can add to pasta , meatball sandwich
  • garciabnm
    garciabnm Posts: 138
    Options
    on't knowif you can still freeze it, but i would make some burger pattys and slap them in the freezer for later use,especially when you need something in a pinch
  • Pink_turnip
    Pink_turnip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
  • ScarlettVamp
    ScarlettVamp Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    All of the above! I'd probably add some stuff to it and make meatloaf if I needed to stretch it into several meals or more. Can eat it with veggies, pasta, rice, or potatoes for dinner and then on any kind of bread for lunch.
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    meatballs, shepard's pie, cheeseburger mac, taquitos...sooo many possibilities.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    -Spaghetti with meat
    I lb ground meat should be plentiful and use 75-80% fat, not 90+ it is too lean

Slice an onion and sweat it in a pan/skillet/pot with water instead of oil, for 5-6 minutes. Add garlic at this point if you like (you need to smash the clove so it will release the oils and then cut it in pieces), and add the ground meat. Mix well to brown the meat and add a tomato can (about medium 14oz, use the whole tomatoes and smash them with your fingers as you add them). Mix. Take 1 carrot per person, peel, cut in 3 pieces each and add them as well. Add any tomato juice left in the can, as well as water, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, spicy pepper flakes, or whatever spices you like. Let it cook in medium for 40 minutes. Add water if needed. Remove the carrots and press them with a fork to smash them and then return to the pan. Let it cook for another 10 minutes. At this moment your pasta water will be ready to cook the pasta. When it is ready, keep a cup of liquid if needed, and add the pasta to the meat sauce. Mix and serve. You can add olives if you want, grate just a tiny bit of cheese.

After you have cooked the basic meat sauce above, keep a portion before mixing with the pasta. You can add bbq sauce or ketchup to make sloppy joe, serve on a bun. Or serve the sauce over rice. Or on a hoagie, add provolone or munster cheese, melt on broiler. Boil cabbage and rice and add meat sauce while it is boiling for lazy polish rolls.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Tacos.
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    "Meatza"

fake-pizza-made-with-meat.jpg

Ingredients: Ground Beef, Salsa, Onions, Spice, Garlic Powder, Shredded Cheese and Bacon.

Instructions:

1. Cut onions into little pieces and bacon into small slices.
    2. Mix ground beef, salsa, onions, spices and garlic powder at the bottom of a baking dish.
    3. Add shredded cheese on top.
    4. Spread bacon slices over the whole thing.
    5. Insert into oven, heat at 180-200°C (356-392°F) for 30-40 minutes, until bacon and cheese look crunchy.

Link: (it's number 7) http://authoritynutrition.com/7-healthy-low-carb-meals/
  • tessa175
    tessa175 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    "Meatza"

Ingredients: Ground Beef, Salsa, Onions, Spice, Garlic Powder, Shredded Cheese and Bacon.

Instructions:

2. Mix ground beef, salsa, onions, spices and garlic powder at the bottom of a baking dish.
    5. Insert into oven, heat at 180-200°C (356-392°F) for 30-40 minutes, until bacon and cheese look crunchy.

Oh heaven that looks good!
  • SandyAnnP
    SandyAnnP Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    "Meatza"

Instructions:

That looks so good, thanks for the link. Some nice recipes on there. :)
  • Vonwarr
    Vonwarr Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Made Meatza for the first time today myself:

oQJl2CXl.jpg

MCSoeqzl.jpg

sLKGUHzl.jpg
  • Reinventing_Me
    Reinventing_Me Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Made Meatza for the first time today myself:

oQJl2CXl.jpg

MCSoeqzl.jpg

sLKGUHzl.jpg

Oh my GOD!!!! I want it!!!
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    That looks amazing.
    "Meatza"

Instructions: