Coca Cola

Options
Anyone have any ideas on a substitute for Coke? on average I am drinking 3 20 oz bottles a day and I know this is not helping with the weight loss. I appreciate any ideas

Replies

• Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    sparkling flavored water perhaps
  • sexybeastinthemaking
    Options
    I sub out soda completely and I drink Iced Tea instead, especially if I'm out to dinner with friends.
  • SadKitty27
    SadKitty27 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Water, tea or coffee (of course this is only if you like black coffee...Coffee can get just as bad for you macro wise if you put tons of sugar and cream in there :laugh: )
  • sdwojtas
    sdwojtas Posts: 13
    Options
    I drank that much Pepsi before I started my weight loss. I used the mio energy flavor because it has caffeine in it(to avoid the caffeine headache) . I used a lot at first and slowly added less and less over a few months and got myself to plain water.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke or Coke Zero!
  • rwc4912
    rwc4912 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I did about the same with 20 oz cokes before I started in April to get serious.
    Quit the soda cold turkey and drink boatloads of water now.
    I do indulge in a large ice coffee with a tablespoon of sugar in a 32 oz cup...or 2 maybe on weekends.

To contrast that
    1 can of coke has 12 teaspoons of sugar in it

Go ahead and put that sugar in a glass and look at it.
    I did and its one of the things that pushed me over the edge, in fact I keep it at my office on my desk to remind me.

Had a sip of soda the other day and it was shocking to me how sweet it tasted.

Never ever going back to drinking that many calories....ever

At least now I am seeing it go into the drink and I realize how much I need to work it off.
  • aquinoz
    aquinoz Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Water, tea or coffee (of course this is only if you like black coffee...Coffee can get just as bad for you macro wise if you put tons of sugar and cream in there :laugh: )

I just noticed your ticker! very creative!
  • lynn_1972
    lynn_1972 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I to use to drink nothing but Coke...didn't drink water,tea,juice I mean I drank coke all day long....now I drink water all day and I will allow myself 1 can of Coke Zero a day :)
  • RachelSRoach1
    RachelSRoach1 Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Wean yourself off of it to avoid headaches, and just search until you find the right low-0 calorie option. Preferably water.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I went cold turkey in 2013.. Was drinking 2-3 liters a week. I'd rather eat my calories.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    I can't remember the last time I drank soda that had sugar in it. I drink diet soda although yes yes, diet is bad for you because of all the chemicals... but it's certainly helped with weight loss.

Now I am trying to make the transition over to soda WATER. I'll order sparkling or soda water quite often with a couple slices of lime in it :)
  • JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    I used to easily drink 6 cans a day and have cut myself down to one a day. My one can, depends on what I've eaten throughout the day. I go back and forth between regular and coke zero. Coke zero has no calories or carbs like regular coke, so it's the perfect substitute for me.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Lemonade or Iced Tea