My first NSV :)

Options
marsgirlly
marsgirlly Posts: 71 Member
So, having been overweight my whole life, and extremely pale and self-conscious, I'm the first person to cover up my beach body.

Well, today I decided that this should no longer be the case. I originally told myself I had to drop 10 pound before I bought a bikini, but I saw the top at Target, and it actually FIT!

I have always been *cough* top heavy, and finding any bathing suit is a hassle. I obviously still have a long way to go, but having the guts to buy a bikini and actually wear it for the first time in my adult life is an INCREDIBLE NSV for me.

Sorry if anybody is offended by a lady in a bathing suit! :)

tumblr_mnq67bqvqd1qbwij6o1_500.jpg

Replies

• EllaIsNotEnchanted
    EllaIsNotEnchanted Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    nobody should be offended by achievements.
    Glad to have inspiration like you as a friend.
    Great motivator.
    Keep it up. Proud of you!
  • Forever4me
    Forever4me Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Those NSV as just as critical, if not more, than the scale. Wear it proudly!
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    You look fine in that bikini! I can't wait until I look that good and can wear one!
  • marsgirlly
    Options
    nobody should be offended by achievements.
    Glad to have inspiration like you as a friend.
    Great motivator.
    Keep it up. Proud of you!

Thank you so much :) That is really touching, it's nice to have other people to push you through!
  • adyoda
    adyoda Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look good in those bikini ... keep yourself motivated and continue , your self esteem and confidence will grow :)
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    you're rockin' that bikini!! I A little confidence goes a long way. Keep up the hard work!
  • marsgirlly
    Options
    Thank you! The new confidence is killer. I'm an extrovert to the max but my self-esteem has always left something to be desired.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!