Hello folks!! :)

Options
Hi! I started with MFP less than a week ago. I'm currently 234 (ugh!) and my goal is 140. At the moment I'm trying to get into the healthy eating routine ( an boy I'm gettin tired of weighing and measuring everything, lol), then will incorporate exercise once I have a handle on that. Any support would be most welcome, as well as fellow complainers :D

Replies

• FindingTimeForMe
    FindingTimeForMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hello, starting somewhere is great. After a while you will have the portion sizes in your head and you will be able to gauge the amounts and it won't be such a pain. I recommend that you start the exercise right away -- this does not mean a 60 minute intense workout (all or nothing). This is thinking about lifestyle changes. Can you add a 15 minute walk in the morning or at lunch? Can you always take the stairs. I got a good one -- drink your water (you will have to use the restroom alot - vow to do some squats (like 20) everytime you use the bathroom. You will be amazed you will get in about 150 in a day -- you could jump on that 30 day squat challenge without any effort. Also you could vow to do crunches during your favorite TV program during the commercials. Get some handweights and start doing some easy exercises -- you could watch some youtube video for demonstrations. While I recommend you start with a trainer -- there are books and DVDs availabe to help you get started. This easier start will help your muscles get acclimated to the movements before you start an intensive strength training regime (I love it -- totally addicted). This will also bring up your metabolism. Good Luck!!!! Add me as a friend if you want. Take Care Therese