Congrats!!!!

I know exactly how u feel.
  • BrandyG62010
    Options
    Congratulations!!
  • tcraw15
    tcraw15 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. My scale has been a total jerk for 5 solid weeks. I'm staying strong and hoping that it will catch up the the inches lost. I'd be happy to see even a small but consistent drop over a few days. .25 of a lb would make me happy right now! LOL

You're welcome. I felt the same way! even a small amount would have made me happy. I'm just glad it finally happened. I hope it happens for you soon!
  • NoraisTreble
    NoraisTreble Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yay for you! It is tough when the scale doesn't move - so enjoy the progress!! I weight myself daily, but will only log if the weight stays for 3 days in a row. I haven't seen my current weight in 5 years (I am just 4.5 from my wedding day weight!!) Celebrate your progress :-)
  • tcraw15
    Options
    Do it! Count your lowest points... it's a great feeling of accomplishment. Your 'lowest' gets lower & lower. I count it. Some people say it's not yours until you've weighed that for 2 weeks. Not me... I keep track of those record lows.. they're mine. :)

I feel the same way! Those low numbers are all mine! :laugh:

And thank you all!
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    That's excellent. I know how hard it is to be stuck on a plateau. Have you been logging your food anywhere? Weighing everything and logging accurately all food/drinks would help you play around with the calories you consume every day and the type of food so you can try to break through the plateau by eating either up or/and down, or changing the type of food you have been eating.
  • Skiffee
    Skiffee Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • 13tea
    13tea Posts: 55
    Options
    Omg go celebrate. I know what you are talking about. I had plateaued and for 3 mo. That little arm did not move, when it did, it was as if it was a dress size instead of 2 lbs. it will keep moving now. You are on a roll!
  • tcraw15
    Options
    Yay for you! It is tough when the scale doesn't move - so enjoy the progress!! I weight myself daily, but will only log if the weight stays for 3 days in a row. I haven't seen my current weight in 5 years (I am just 4.5 from my wedding day weight!!) Celebrate your progress :-)

I weigh myself daily too. Well, I just went back to weighing myself daily. Yesterday it was on the low end of my plateau, and it had been. So I had a good feeling it was coming soon! So glad it did! And congrats on your losses! :)
  • kquinn007
    kquinn007 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!! I would be thrilled!!! Good for you!! :)
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!
  • tcraw15
    Options
    That's excellent. I know how hard it is to be stuck on a plateau. Have you been logging your food anywhere? Weighing everything and logging accurately all food/drinks would help you play around with the calories you consume every day and the type of food so you can try to break through the plateau by eating either up or/and down, or changing the type of food you have been eating.

I generally don't count calories but maybe 1-2 times a week. I just like to see where I am at. I know I've been doing everything right seeing as I've been losing inches consistently. But I do measure my food and control my portions. Guess it just took a while for my body to catch up.

@13tea - That is a long time to be on a plateau! I would probably go insane. Haha
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

I generally don't count calories but maybe 1-2 times a week. I just like to see where I am at. I know I've been doing everything right seeing as I've been losing inches consistently. But I do measure my food and control my portions. Guess it just took a while for my body to catch up.

@13tea - That is a long time to be on a plateau! I would probably go insane. Haha

When you hit plateaus, you need to count calories precisely to see whether it is the food, new exercise workout, may be underestimating how much you consume, etc. so you will know what works as you make changes to move downwards. Did you lose inches while you were in this plateau? Did you increase the intensity of your workout, or changed what you were doing?
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I hate when plateaus happen. It really messes with your motivation. Congrats for getting over that hump!
  • needsalife3
    needsalife3 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    My warmest congratulations! I'm with you. I've been stuck on a plateau for 8 weeks and have been trying different things to get unstuck. No luck so far. I have 85 lbs to goal so it seems this shouldn't be happening. I really hope you continue to lose. Me too.
  • mkkhoza
    mkkhoza Posts: 79
    Options
    Yes plateaus are such a bummer...feel very excited for you. Sharing your joy!
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I was stuck in a 190 plateau for weeks a month or two ago. I remember the feeling of seeing the 189! It's great! You'll be seeing the 170's in no time.
  • tcraw15
    Options

When you hit plateaus, you need to count calories precisely to see whether it is the food, new exercise workout, may be underestimating how much you consume, etc. so you will know what works as you make changes to move downwards. Did you lose inches while you were in this plateau? Did you increase the intensity of your workout, or changed what you were doing?

Yes, I lost inches while in the plateau. The scale just wouldn't budge. I have been doing strength training and running, increasing reps each workout (sometimes repeating weeks if I felt I wasn't strong enough to move forward) and increasing run time with each session. And I have high and low days when it comes to calories. I tend to eat more on my workout days and less on my non-workout days.

@mayaitzcowitz - It's good to know someone else went through the same thing as I did. I hope you are right about hitting the 170s soon!

@needsalife3 - 8 week plateau? That's a real bummer :( .. I hope you get everything figured out soon and kick that plateau in the rear end!

And thank you all, again. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!