Newbie seeks motivational pals

Options
Hi there,

My name is Sabrina I have been using Fitness Pal for a few months on and off, setting myself unrealistic goals and then failing miserably. I'm very good at making over enthusiastic plans and then quite often being shocked when the plan is a failing reality. This time round however I am determined to do this the right way. Therefore I am going to write about my diet and fitness here, this is the first time I have used a Blog and Message Board and am quite looking forward to the support.

I gave up smoking after 15 years of being a 25 a dayer. If I can do that, I'm hoping I can be as disciplined this time round with regards to my diet and fitness. There is no shortcut, I have to do this the hard way, tried the supplements, health tablets, atkins diet, pineapple diet, grapefruit diet, calorie diet, color-coded diet...ENOUGH ALREADY! I plan to do this with a balanced health low fat diet and plenty of good exercises. Look forward to talking to you all.

Fingers crossed xx

Replies

• DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Sabrina! Congrats on giving up smoking. I know how tough that is. You're welcome to friend me if you like. You're right there is no short cut. Keep up the right mind set and you'll get there. Good luck!
  • MaryTheIceCube
    MaryTheIceCube Posts: 1,099 Member
    Options
    Hi Sabrina,

Welcome, and congratulations on your now more determined, realistic approach to getting fit and healthy! Feel free to add me as a friend, if you wish. It's always nice to have a great network of friends to keep the encouragement, support and motivation going.

If you're on Facebook, please also consider joining the group I created there, called Motivation. Many supportive, encouraging, motivating people and posts to be found there. http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=268180696780&ref=ts#!/group.php?gid=268180696780

Best wishes!

~ Chandra
  • Fabulocity
    Fabulocity Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Leading a healthy lifestyle is challenging....I can totally realate. Please know that we are here for you. Feel free to add me as your friend. Warm regards, Fabulocity.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    You are definately in the right frame of mind.... You can do this. It takes discipline and hard work which is certainly the opposite of what got us here but with all the power of motivation you can get from here...it works. I refuse to call it a diet though as this is a total lifestyle change but something that will stay with us forever if we so choose to do so. I know I choose to.

A friend request has been sent.
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    Hi there! I also gave up the smokes 21 days ago. Yet another reason that NOW is the time to be aware of everything I eat. I refuse to be another statistic that gained 20 pounds when I stopped smoking. After 35 yrs of 30 a day, Im free and ready to get fit!
    Congrats on quitting! How long has it been for you? Feel free to add me if you'd like a support buddy :)
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just keep that motivation going!
    Feel free to add me as a friend.
    I'll give ya a swift kick in the butt when needed!
    Steph
    :flowerforyou:
  • Tashia_HH
    Tashia_HH Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard. Feel free to add me as a buddy as well..
  • celizabeth
    Options
    Congratulations on quitting! Hopefully that will be extra motivation to lead a healthier lifestyle! I'm always here for extra support!
  • sabster
    sabster Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you everybody for the overwhelming support, I wish I had thought to come on here earlier. Looking forward to achieving my weight loss goals and seeing my fitness levels soar! :smile:
  • megromeo
    Options
    Hello there,
    Today is my first day using MFP. I'm feeling a little unsure about myself and my goals. I was never overweight growing up. In fact, I was the complete opposite. I was extremely under weight. I had an unhealthy relationship with food (in the sense that I didn't eat it!) and exercise (I was obsessed). I was an avid smoker from the time I was 18 up until 2 and a half years ago. And that is when the weight started to pile on. I started struggling with an auto-immune disease. The doctors were unsure which one it was. So for 2 years I was in constant pain. Depression set in. I just couldn't/didn't do anything. In May I finally got a diagnosis of Rheumatoid Arthritis. I will be turning 31 this month; way too young for this diagnosis. But, the plus is that I have started treatment.
    I have two goals for myself right now. I have a wedding to go to in October, and my husbands high school reunion in November. I do not want to be the fat wife! I know it's unrealistic to expect myself to lose all this weight by that time, but I at least want to be on the right track.
    I look forward to talking with you all!