any new recipes to try?

Options
Does anyone know any recipes I can make quickly that are under 400 calories?

Replies

• jojo3937
    jojo3937 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    You could try the website bodybuilding.com they have all clean recipes. Or cleaneatingmagwww.com
  • ckish
    ckish Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    So many come to mind...steam or grill your favorite veggies and pair with some lean protein such as fresh fish, shrimp, or boneless chicken breast. Endless seasoning possibilities. I am just starting to post recipes on my web site. Recently I made Salmon over Zucchini noodles with a Thai peanut sauce sprinkled with cashews in just under 20 minutes start to finsh. It only had 350 calories. Go to http://mymotherssecrets.weebly.com/salmon-over-zucchini-noodles-tossed-with-thai-peanut-sauce-sprinkled-with-cashews.html if you want to see a picture and recipe. If you want more more help give me an idea of what types of foods and flavors you like and I am happy to help you however I can.
  • ladpock
    ladpock Posts: 9
    Options
    Hmm..
    I made some banana pancakes a while back that were delicious! Flourless, gluten free and dairy free.

For one person you need:
    2 eggs
    2 bananas
    (together that should come to 366 cal.)

-In one bowl, crack your eggs and beat them
    -In another bowl, mash the bananas up
    -Add the two together
    -Heat the pan and add the mixed bananas and pancakes to it (size of pancakes will probably depend on the size of your pan.)
    side note: you can also add cinnimon and fruit as well

Quick and easy :) Great to kick start your day, or have as a lunch!

For dinners here's one I do all the time:

-1 1/4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
    -2 cups bean sprouts, rinsed and dried
    -2 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
    -1 1/2 teaspoons gingerroot, minced and pared
    -2 garlic cloves, minced
    -3/4 cup scallion, chopped
    -3/4 cup carrot, chopped
    -3 -4 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
    -3 tablespoons honey
    (pretty versatile, so you can change it up all you want!)

-In a wok or large heat 1 1/2 tablespoons oil over high heat; add sprouts and cook, stirring quickly and frequently, until lightly browned and tender, 1 to 2 minutes. transfer sprouts to plate and keep warm.
    -To same wok add remaining oil and heat for 30 seconds to 1 minute; add chicken, garlic, carrots and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
    -Add scallions and continue stir-frying until chicken is tender and browned on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes longer.
    -Add soy sauce (to taste) and honey and mix well; cook, stirring constantly for 1 minute longer.
    -Top warm sprouts with chicken mixture.

It takes about 30min overall (15 prep, 15 cook) AND it's under 400 calories.

Or you could do a personal favourite of mine. A salad I came up with pretty much on the spot and stuck with.

Main Ing. are:
    -Romaine lettuce
    -raw pecans
    -strawberries
    -crumpled feta cheese

but sometimes I add:
    -cranberries
    -blueberries
    -red onion

Hope I gave you some ideas!
  • EmmyB1123
    EmmyB1123 Posts: 2
    Options
    Thanks! I'm always looking for different ideas! these will really help with some of my dinners.