Looking for friends to help motivate

Hey my name is Kayla and I just joined myfitnesspal today. I have never used a site like this so I am excited. Currently I weigh 189lbs and my goal is to get down to 150lbs. I just started Insanity and finished my first week of month one. It was really tough and it is hard trying to stay motivated. I would love to be able to meet people that would help to encourage and motivate me and give me tips.

Replies

• kamala1227
    kamala1227 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi my name is Kami. I have been on my fitness pal for a few weeks. I like it so far. It does help to have friends there to say "you go girl" lol. How is the insanity workout? I have thought about trying it, but am skeptical because of back problems. I do kickboxing, swimming and the eliptical(spelling?) at the gym. Good luck!
  • tccanzoni
    tccanzoni Posts: 33
    Hey Kayla and Kami! How are you two this evening? MFP is a great site, I dont utilize it as much as I should, but there are some great people on here!

You say your one week in? Thats awesome. My brother actually did Insanity, he loved it! Im in the midst of my 3rd round of p90x! Absolutely love it!!

Kami, insanity is cardio based, there shouldnt be too much stress on your back. Of course there is always modification to help ensure safety with it.
  • Well I literally just finished the Insanity fit test, and wow. Count me in for needing motivating friends on here :)
  • heystephie
    heystephie Posts: 34 Member
    I'm doing Insanity too! I've done it 2 or 3 times last year but never seemed to quite finish the entire 60 days. (the second month is really tough) but I'm starting again and am currently into my 3rd week! Add me if you like :)
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    Welcome Kayla! You can do it!

As far as Insanity hurting your back, only with the Cardio Abs. Now the knees? That's a different story.
  • brentbarrie
    brentbarrie Posts: 532 Member
    It gets easier.....until the second month. Just take it easy and don't overwork yourself.
  • shuki_cotren
    shuki_cotren Posts: 328 Member
    I weigh 185 right now so I'm right there with you!

I joined a while back but didn't realize the power of myfitnesspal friends for motivation until this year. Add me if you like! I do 30ds jillian dvd, leslie sansone walking dvds, and I don't do much dieting except tracking and sticking to my calorie goal.

I lost 26 lb since January (although I didn't start being active on myfitness pal this year until the end of April). I did weight watchers for 3 months (but lost motivation after only 1 month because I didn't have any friends on it to support me).

Good luck on your journey! Just remember to track no matter what and do the best you can each day with getting your exercise in. :)
  • Fitiny
    Fitiny Posts: 24 Member
    Hello there.
    Agreed that suport is important .
    My " real Life friends " don't log anymore .
    So i'm a bit left on my own
    Feel free to add me as a friend.

I started at 192 and i am now at 159.
    Lost 10 lb on my own then got on MFP.
    i tried insanity a while ago but quit because i did not like the feeling of my fat gigling with me.Lol
    Now that i lost some weight i might try it at some point.

Currently, i'm doing Fitness Blender 1000cal workout twice a week, and cardio 3times a week at the gym.
    I sometime do an our of pilates on top of that when i have the time.
    I must admit that it takes time for the knees to get used to the exercices.

Kudos on your week of starting insanity.
  • hreutli
    hreutli Posts: 8 Member
    HI!
    I'm Helen! I'm 22, a university student, solo mum, ex-athlete, and recovering bulimic!
    I eat intuitively and do not believe in restrictions. I have a few rules to keep binge-eating tendencies in check - but they are portion related :)

Height: 5"10/11
    SW:181lb
    CW: 172lb
    GW: 150lb
    UGW: 143lb

My goal weights are subject to change ofc :)
    Feel free to add me!