Calling all QUINOA Chefs !!

Options
skyeashlee
skyeashlee Posts: 108 Member
Hi!

Can someone please explain how oh how do I make this as a porridge? just one serve........I failed making it yesterday :(

Im using Chefs Choice - certified 3mix organixc quinoa (alternative to organic gluten free couscous) and I cooked wayyyy too much yesterday and well, it wasnt really cooked at all so I had to garbage it- infact tasted nothing like what I buy from the cafe... I tried 1/2 of quinoa, 1cup milk , brought to boil then simmer for 15mins... it didnt look quite right but I was unsure ...until i tasted it then i knew it was far from how its meant to taste... luckily it wasnt my first quinoa experience, just cooking it ....

So, I wanna get this right and with your help I may just !!! :)

Just need a basic, easy to follow recipe for the quinoa,

Cheers .

Replies

• steeltoe123
    Options
    I cook it as a 1 to 2 ratio, 1 cup quiona to 2 cups of water, simmer untill all the water is absorbed. I've never cooked it with milk, maybe you could try to add the milk after its cooked.
  • skyeashlee
    Options
    Thank you so much!

I prefer my oats with water than milk so hoping I can do water with quinoa too...youve just given me hope! :-)
  • slenderyeppie
    slenderyeppie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have a favorite quinoa breakfast recipe? I have a huge bag and would love to switch up from my usual oatmeal routine. :smooched:
  • skyeashlee
    Options
    yes heres my fav brekky: quinoa .... honey ......raspeberries blueberries with some muesli crunch always goes a treat, its my fav !!!

pitty i suck at following the very basic instructions on the box ..... i do however want a porridge texture as opposed to more ''couscous'' as the packet says..keep the tips coming, plse !! as i did the 1:2 ratio, brought it boil then let simmer for 15mins... it reminded me of the time i didnt cook my lentils long enough....very off putting ! I dont want to keep waisting it in my poor attempts to make porridge quinoa !!!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Bump. Looking for ideas as well!