Big Foot...Little Foot...True Or False?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheDoctorDana
    TheDoctorDana Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    At my heaviest, my feet and ankles were so swollen. After losing just 24 pounds the swelling and cankles are gone. So yes, I believe this to be true! Right now I only wear flips and crocs. Can't wait to don some lovely church shoes one day :) Love your posts OP! They are always so clever :flowerforyou:
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    yes, they do get smaller. when i was at my higest i wore 9 now that i'm losing wt i can get a size 8. so hang in there !!
  • thescrumisfun
    Options
    At my heaviest I wore a 9.5, lost 30 lbs, and I am back into a 9 or 8.5 depending on the style :).
  • amyk0202
    amyk0202 Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. Before I gained weight, I was always a size 7. At my highest weight I was wearing a 9.5-10 wide width. Now I'm back to a 7.5 regular width. I only wear shoes when I go somewhere--never in the house or in my yard. When I do wear shoes, they are always the slip on, low heel open toe kind. I hate shoes.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I lost 20+lb in a few months. And I don't wear heels normally, maybe once a year for special occasion. When I wore mine out last March, I found out way too late (was already in the car on the way to my party) that they were slipping off my feet. Adjusted to the tightest fit by adjusting the straps but they were still slipping off. When I last wore them before that, it was tight and I was on the last hole of the straps (you know, the holes on the straps like those on belts). Same goes for all my other shoes. I think I lost 2 sizes.
  • merrileeirene
    merrileeirene Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Very true. I went from size 9 or 91/2 to now 8!!
  • burnooger
    burnooger Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    TRUE!! Went down from size 9 to size 8. Had someone say to me yesterday, "You have small feet!"
  • lioness803
    lioness803 Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    i dont buy it. if this were true then people in the past who didnt wear shoes would have humongous feet by the time they died if you followed this logic. plus this same argument would need to also be applied to the hands, right?

your feet grew because os weight gain and age.. as we age, the arch naturally falls a bit so that the feet are flatter and wider

Actually there is a problem in the foot wear industry of more people needing wide sizes(which can be hard to find!) and it's blamed on people wearing flip flops so much, allowing feet to grow outward...so feet will grow when given the room to.

OP-I've noticed that my shoes fit different since losing weight, so it's definitely possible.
  • sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this over the last few months. My tennies at the moment are a 4.5 and I've gone from having to have them laced loosely to having to lace them as tightly as I can get them and they're still slipping all over the place. It scares me a little, I've already got fairly "small" feet (4-6 depending on brand and style), at this rate I'll have to start buying kids shoes! My 10 year old wears a 3, I'll be having to steal her shoes soon haha
  • liv2bfree
    liv2bfree Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    very true, use to be size 9 at around 205-210lbs now a size 10 at 253lbs. Don't remember my shoe size being any lower since I have been 200+ since I was 17 (12 yrs ago).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!