Combatting hunger post workout

Options
Hi
I am wondering if anyone has tips/suggestions on how to combat post workout hunger? I don't want to end up binging. I am so hungry after working out.

Replies

• Nano1360
    Nano1360 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I always have a protien shake as a post wok out supplement! Even in my cardio sessions!( If you are lifting you can have a half Bnana as well). After that if I still feel craving I chew sweet gum!!!!
    Works for me !
  • craziecritter
    craziecritter Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Take a protein bar, apple, banana or something with you and eat after?? Don't really know, I go to h20 aerobics @ 5:30 so when I come home it's dinner time!!
  • surfsarah
    surfsarah Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was having the same problem. Below are the snacks that I have found to work the best for me. They are each high in protein and have some sugar. If I drink a glass of water with them, they work like a charm to calm the hunger dragon. Try these small 200cal or less snacks:

* One cup of non-fat greek yogurt with 1T honey
    * One glass non-fat chocolate milk
    * Protein smoothy (protein powder of choice, half a banana, frozen berries of choice and some OJ)

After eating, try and wait 15 min. I bet you won't need anything else! Good luck!
  • heykatieben
    heykatieben Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein.

It is magical how few calories you can eat and not be hungry if you eat lots of quality protein (eggs, greek yogurt). I'm absolutely stuffed after ~180 cals of egg drop soup - high protein, low calories.

I started MFP getting headaches because I was trying to eat what I normally ate (high carb, sandwiches, pasta), but just less of it. This time around, I've realized it is SO SO SO much easier if you up your protein.

Edited to add: that said, your body knows best, so if you're really super craving carbs on your normally high protein diet (after you've had a chance to get used to the high protein), by all means, eat an apple, banana, etc!