Im new to this

Options
Hello! I my friend told me about this website so I thought I would try it out. I was in the best shape of my life 4 years ago and then I got married and my husband and I have both gained 40 pounds since! We are both trying to get back on track but I am not sure what to eat, 1200 calories is no that many. When my day was over the other day I went to this website and I put in my meals for tha day and I was almost 500 calories over..If you guys could help me out with what your eating, thats would be great.
staycea

Replies

• smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    My food journal is public, feel free to have a look.
    Any questions on what I made let me know.
    Steph
  • trainguy917
    trainguy917 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Remember that 1200 is your baseline and does not include calories you burn doing exercise, so if you worked out, you probably weren't anywhere near 500 calories over. Also, the key is to manage portions. For me, the key is small meals throughout the day rather than large meals. I portion out the amount I am to eat and just eat that. No seconds, except for non-starchy veggies, like greens or salads.

Another thing that is great is melon. You can eat a ton of it for very few calories, since it's so high in water.
  • brookefoley
    brookefoley Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Eat lots and lots of veggies. Have a salad every day with your dinner and don't put dressing on it. Also have at least one other veggie with dinner. Portion size. I eat cereal and skim milk for breakfast. Then 1/2 cup low fat cottage cheese with peaches on it for a snack (low fat, lots of protein). For lunch a sandwich. Get the Nature's own bread that is only 50 calories per slice. Light mayo. Only one piece of cheese, and a few pieces of turkey or ham. Then a couple of pickles which are only 5 calories each.
    For dinner we usually have one piece of chicken that I make with Shake and bake, that is about 140 calories. Then a veggie and some barley which is very low calorie and filling. And a salad. I am at 1600 calories though which is a little more than what you have, but I am content to lose .5 pounds a week. It makes it much easier because it's really hard for me to scale to 1200 calories.
    And of course, exercise more so you can eat more calories.
    Good luck!
  • ukranna
    ukranna Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like eating meat, vegetables and fruit. As long as it's cooked with a little oil or stewed - it doesn't carry much calories. Healthy is important.
    1 Toast with yoghur for breakfast.
    Sushi or soup or salad (no bread) for lunch.
    Meat and veg or salad for dinner. - you will easy fit in 1200.
    Try to overeat on fruit instead of junk food - no guilt there.

I'm size 10 - quite happy with my weight (the same for last 15 years) - though it's always good to know what I eat. It's very easy to put on weight but it takes a lot of effort to loose.
  • Loulouslim
    Options
    HI

What works for me is to make a menue plan for one day and the stick to this for 7 days(sounds a little bit boring, but pary of cheating is not really knowing what to have and then thinking sod it). Afte the 7 days, mix a couple of the things around and do this for another 7 days. This site will definately help you keep on track, but be true, keep communicating (even if you are fed up) and keep moving - I hate exercise, but I have started to go out for 20 min brisk walk every night and it great

Good luck

Luisa
    Kent, England