Maintenance phase

Options
I am in maintenance phase now and just have more of a curiosity question.
I have lost 41 pounds, and when I was losing I only weighed once a week; now I weigh if not every day, every other day as a way to be well aware that I don't start gaining again. I realize our weight varies and that is nothing to get alarmed over when dealing with the typical 2-4 pound changes that happen. So my question is : Do you change your current weight here on MFP (up or down) everytime you experience a loss or gain, or do you just keep up with where you are in general as long as you are bouncing around (within 2-5 lbs) of your goal weight? I have been writing my weight on my bathroom mirror on the 15th & 30th of the month as a method of keeping track, but sometimes feel "guilty" that I don't actually log my actual weight in here on MFP! This accountability stuff has gotten to me!!!! So what do you do in your maintenance phase and how much do you consider to be a normal OK range?

Replies

• TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Maybe if you averaged out the week instead of updating day to day fluctuations?
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I'm not trying to maintain, but I do weigh myself every day. I only log once a week though, otherwise I get caught up in 1/2 and 1/4lbs, which are really worthless in the long-term.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First of all congrats on reaching your goal!

I would only recommend weighing in once per week, say Monday morning before breakfast. Your water weight will fluctuate during the week of course, but as long as you're keeping your food diary and exercise regimen up to par, you're golden. You'll drive yourself insane, weighing in everyday or every other day. There's still 3500 calories in one pound of body fat, no matter how you slice it. I'm positive you didn't work that hard to lose the weight and now plan to add 3500 extra calories to your diet in even one week, much less a couple of days.
  • unocentavo
    unocentavo Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    BTW, I just posted a blog this week on the maintenance phase subject. Maybe you'll find a tip you like:)

http://realfitness4realpeople.blogspot.com/2010/08/youve-reached-your-goal-weightnow-how.html