sv/ progress pics for 111 lbs lost / my story

Options
xxcooneyxx
xxcooneyxx Posts: 221 Member
Well, here is my story so far.

When I was in 8th grade I weighed in at 180 lbs. I'm 5'5”. I graduated from High School at 230 lbs. Here is a pic of my face senior year. 9k9nuw.jpgAt the age of 20 I got pregnant and proceeded to gain 40 lbs, landing me at 270 lbs after I gave birth. THIS picture is what made me decide I HAD to lose[img]weight.http://i39.tinypic.com/ezkg1k.jpg[/img][img]I had half-assed tried diets my entire life and, at that time I was convinced they did not work. Still I was going to try anyway. It started out innocent enough. I was counting calories and losing weight, but as the weight came off, I began to crave faster and more weight loss. I began eating under 600 calories a day and when I would finally snap because I was so hungry, I would eat everything in the house. Then I would proceed to make myself throw up. I began throwing up every day, and by the end it was 4-5 times a day. I was also doing heavy cardio for 2-3 hours 6 days a week. I lost 110 lbs. This was my progress. http://tinypic.com/r/5zhzxd/5 At the end I was down to 160. I had to be hospitalized because I hurt my body so much with my eating disorder that I got gallstones. One of these stones was so large it impacted and clogged up my system, causing me to go septic. I nearly died. I was in the hospital for 4-5 days, after having emergency surgery to remove my gallbladder. I was diagnosed with anorexia, bulimia, binge eating disorder and body dysmorphia. (At the time I was so crazy that when I looked in the mirror I still saw the fat me. I still looked HUGE in my own eyes. ) I'm a single mom and I could not bare the thought of dying because of an eating disorder and leaving my daughter with nobody. When I was out of the hospital I was afraid to diet in any way shape or form, because I was afraid I would become obsessed and relapse. So what did I do? I went back to eating like I had been at 270 lbs. I gained back 100 lbs in one year. I hit 260 for the second time. I was so depressed. I thought I would never be able to get back to 160's let alone my goal weight of 130. After a lot of therapy and self-searching, I began to change my lifestyle the healthy way. It took a little longer this time, but as of today I weighed in at 159 lbs, and I have not relapsed into my ED once. Here is my progress from 256 to 160. http://tinypic.com/r/2pzdutu/5 Not only did I make it back to 160, but I made it one pound further than that, and have now landed myself in uncharted territory. I am so excited to see what another day will bring me. It's also nice knowing that my daughter will have a healthy mom who will be around for a long time to come. http://tinypic.com/r/fk1ydc/5 Here is a side by side comparison of me at 160, having lost it through an ED (left) and me at 159 now (right). Not sure if you guys can tell a difference, but I feel like I look healthier/slimmer now than I did then. http://tinypic.com/r/2q2fxub/5 Here is my new face. (you can compare it to the very first link in the post. ) http://tinypic.com/r/ka2rdi/5 I would like to encourage those who are fighting the battle of the bulge to not give up. Make sure to stay healthy. And as to the 29 lbs I have yet to lose, “Watch your back, you're next!”[/img]

Replies

• diamier
    diamier Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Can't tell the difference?! Oh boy, now you look stunning and happy! And smile especially says good things about human. That was the most touching story I've ever heard... Lots of love and good luck for you and your daughter!
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing your story, and keep fighting the good fight!
  • acogg
    acogg Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I am so excited to see what another day will bring me.

This is the money quote! You have this! Awesome attitude, woman!
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    wow.. congratulations you are a very strong person!!
  • glennstoudt
    glennstoudt Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    A tremendous display of COURAGE in the face of extreme adversities over a long period of time. Well done.
  • liftingcoach
    liftingcoach Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, and have done a wonderful job of doing it right. Congratulations to you and your daughter for also inspiring other people. Thank you for sharing with us, and keep up the great work.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    OMG! You are amazing! Thank you so much for sharing your story and being so inspiring.
    All the best for the remainder of your journey, you will finish this in no time!
  • onwarddownward
    onwarddownward Posts: 1,683 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! Excellent dedication!
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely beautiful! Your daughter is adorable too! I will pull a lot of inspiration from your story and your pics. I appreciate you taking the time to post them to help those of us who are in the beginning stages (although it feels like I've been dieting forever so not really in the beginning stages there-just in regards to weight). Thanks again for posting and opening up your story! :-)
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    Thanks everyone =3
  • rougette66
    rougette66 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    SO PROUD! literally teared up while reading your story bc as a recovering mia, its not easy, this whole binge purge thing is so intense it really messes us up. I think having instilled that iron will is just remarkable! you should be very proud of yourself! heck im so proud to see how the second time around you did it the right way! :smile: xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ....and she lived healthfully ever after:flowerforyou:
  • xxcooneyxx
    Options
    SO PROUD! literally teared up while reading your story bc as a recovering mia, its not easy, this whole binge purge thing is so intense it really messes us up. I think having instilled that iron will is just remarkable! you should be very proud of yourself! heck im so proud to see how the second time around you did it the right way! :smile: xoxoxoxoxoxoxooxo

:smile: *BIG HUG*

I hope you can conquer your ED. It is one of the hardest things to do. I'm rooting for you. You can do it!
  • poofycat
    poofycat Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome story! Good for you!
  • metoes
    metoes Posts: 1
    Options
    Thank you for sharing that story it is very inspiring. I'm so happy for your success and to hear about your journey. Keep it up you got this. :)
  • Lecterman
    Lecterman Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Congrats! EDs are monsters. I'm glad you have been able to keep it at bay. Great job!!
  • XAVTAY2
    XAVTAY2 Posts: 58
    Options
    Congrats on overcoming your ED..that in itself that courage and I am so happy that you did it! Great job and congrats on your weightloss I am sure you are going to stay where you are now
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!