Drinky Dranky

Options
So first of all.. im sorry if this is tmi but it is my TOM.. and I actually lost weight since yesterday but I am being cautious. Also, tonight I know that I will be drinking (p.s. sometimes when i post about drinking people bash me for being 19.. but im sure for most of you that the drinking age was 18 when you were younger and I dont think it's really that shocking for a college student to drink) anyway I will be drinking tonight and usually my friends have been getting "Four Loco's" that are these kinda malt mixed energy alcohol things.. anyway i just found out they are 660 cals a can.. which is all i would have anyway.. but i dont know if its a good idea to get that and reserve cals for it or get something else like vodka and only have a little.. also i dont want this to bloat me espec cause its TOM.. or i can feel him coming.. Maybe if i work out illl scare him away.. anyway if anyone has any suggestions on lowcal stuff to drink that wont make me wicked bloated then thanksss

Replies

• abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    .. but im sure for most of you that the drinking age was 18 when you were younger

Where?
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    That's a LOT of calories for 1 drink. I would go with something lower calorie if you have that option. With the energy booster and all the liquor in it, it will more then likely make you bloat more. Drink lots of water today and get in some exercise before you go if you can. Have fun!
  • Becky_Boop
    Options
    I usually have vodka & diet cola, its like 105 calories if you only have 1 shot in it.
    (I do realise im 18 - but I live in the UK so I'm legal)
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options
    .. but im sure for most of you that the drinking age was 18 when you were younger

Where?

When my parents were in college i think the age was 19. It went from 18, 19, 20, then 21. We live in MA
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Where?

Well it is here in the Uk!!

Try any clear spirit as all are low in calories and mix them with a diet/light soda or water and a slice of lemon or lime. Apparently Malibu is one of the lowest calorific drinks. Hope that helps and have a great time

:drinker: :drinker:

Tx
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Oh.... It's definitely been 21 in CA for at least the last 25 year..... (I'm not judging, just curious....and wondering how old you thought "we" were...) :wink:
  • DanL66712
    DanL66712 Posts: 135
    Options
    Your best bet is to go for clear spirits such as vodka, white tequila, white rum etc. Try to avoid anything that is darker in colour. If you must drink beer, then make it something like bud light (110 calories) - that will leave you bloated beyond all belief, but it will be short lived.

Just had a suggestion from someone on a cruise as well, try vodka with water and a splash of lime - it's surprisingly nice and fairly low in calories!

Just remember not to eat anything at the end of the night, that's where the real weight gain and bloatedness comes from. Because your liver stops processing fat when you consume alcohol, so you store all the fat that you eat at the end of the day...no matter how appealing the pizza may seem!
  • ♥jewelchristian♥
    ♥jewelchristian♥ Posts: 3,666 Member
    Options
    It's 19 here, I'm in Canada so I know, not helpful. However....vodka and soda with a twist of lime is a great low cal, drink. I would steer clear of dark mixes (cola, etc.) even if they are diet, because the carmel colour they use still has sugar in it. Just my two cents. Enjoy :drinker:
  • PixieGoddess
    PixieGoddess Posts: 1,833 Member
    Options
    Personally, when I drink, I want to enjoy what I have. Whether it be vodka, beer, wine, a margarita, etc, I tend to have either whatever I'm craving or something that goes well with my meal. We all know alcohol has WAY too many calories, but it's all about moderation. Just be sure to keep your calories in balance, work out extra if you need to. Planning ahead is always a good idea, but if you know you're craving a certain drink, it might be better to just go with it rather than try to replace it with something you don't much want and end up drinking more to compensate.

And actually, while it's national law that you must be 21 to purchase alcohol, the legal "drinking" age is set by the states. Most states have a drinking age of 21, but some have 18 or none, mostly because they've never bothered to update them. Just a little fun fact :smile: And I certainly can't throw stones at underage drinkers, so enjoy! :drinker: Cheers!
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

Just remember not to eat anything at the end of the night, that's where the real weight gain and bloatedness comes from. Because your liver stops processing fat when you consume alcohol, so you store all the fat that you eat at the end of the day...no matter how appealing the pizza may seem!

Couldn't agree with this statement more!
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    vodka, water. then add a flavor packet - what are they, crystal lights? that powder crap.
    My friends use the fruit punch ones.
    They love em.
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options

Thanks! Wow i didnt know that your liver stops working.. no wonder i gained so much weight at college!!! too much drunk ramen and pickles...
  • tex43
    tex43 Posts: 229
    Options
    Oh.... It's definitely been 21 in CA for at least the last 25 year..... (I'm not judging, just curious....and wondering how old you thought "we" were...) :wink:
    I'm 43,when I was yall's age,it was 18 ,then changed to 19 ,then to 21 here in Texas,I was legal on and off for a few months untill B-days hit,but still got my drink on anyway.Damn shame you're old enough to serve and fight for your country but not old enough to have a beer!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options

Where?
    several places I used to live it started out at 18:drinker:
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Yep, You're right! When I was a "kid" in the 70's, kids would always cross the boarder of Minn to go to Wis. to drink because it was 18 and Minn. the drinking age was at least 19 or older.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    In Canada most provinces the legal age is 19. Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec, the legal age is 18.

So what do a bunch of 18 year olds in Ontario do. Road trip to Montreal for a weekend.:laugh:
  • cherryie
    Options
    18 here in the UK.

I stick to Vodka and diet coke!

Enjoy!
    x
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I would say stay away from alcohol if you're just starting out... the body burns alcohol first before anything (i.e.: FAT) so if you're trying to lose weight...if you drink, it could affect your weight loss. I'm a perfect example! :] I gained 3-4 lbs from my 21st birthday and I know none of it was from calories or sodium. It took me almost 2 weeks to get it back off. I drank quite a bit this past Saturday and put on 2 lbs from that.
  • suchgreatheights91
    Options
    HEY good for me didnt drink at all tonight.. but now have a handle of cheap vodka.. ill try to save it for when i go back to school..