thyroid issues

Options
Just joined this site.Within no time at all, have had contact with 2 members with thyroid issues.I have that to,.My dose is up to 150. I hate that some people dont know this is a true disease.I admit I have also made some bad eating choices.I hope I can change that as well. Lets make a pack for all people with thyroid disease to support each other.

Replies

• deb630
    deb630 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have underactive thyroid and take 200 mcg daily. I think it is probaly harder to lose weight but certainly not impossible. Good luck!
    Deb
  • Donnalynn69
    Options
    It just takes more determination to not let this disease take over your whole being. Tbanks for support. Good luck to us all
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I agree with deb630. My dose is 200mcg and I am losing, just not as fast as everyone else. It is possible!
  • lcfairbairn74
    lcfairbairn74 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Do people you know seriously not believe that thyroid issues are real?!! Deary me!

I am on 200 mcg at the moment too. Down from 325 recently, due to my weight loss!!

I am losing, you can do this too :flowerforyou:
  • torrefalkner
    torrefalkner Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I also have thyroid issues, Hashimoto's. I am currently on 88mcg. Recent bloodwork shows that the dose is appropriate although I think it is a bit on the low side. I am also a Type 1 Diabetic. I have had 2 kidney transplants as well, the last one was 2 years ago. Since then I have gained 30 pounds. It has been virtually impossible to get it off. Any ideas or support would be fabulous! Enjoy your day.