need a trick to get candle wax off wood floor :(

Options
carolose46
carolose46 Posts: 199 Member
Hi all, we had a power outage last night and I accidentaly knock off a burning candle on my wood floor! Does someone know a trick to get the wax off the wood floor? I would greatly appreiate it.
Thanks

caro

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Hot water?
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    scrape off as much as you can. Put down a piece of cloth you don't mind destroying with wax. Either hold a hair dryer over the spot on high heat for a bit until the wax is melted or grab the iron on low heat and run it quickly over the spot.

Easy peasy.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Put a brown paper bag over the wax, or brown craft paper. Use a WARM, not hot, iron and iron over the paper. The wax will melt and get absorbed into the paper. Repeat as necessary. Works every time. It will not get wax out of the spaces between the boards. Some will come out, but not all.

Good luck!
  • LuckyFur
    LuckyFur Posts: 96
    Options
    You can try peeing on it and then wiping it up with a sponge.
  • What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Here's a tip stop being a dirty bird ,,,power outage yea right
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Freeze it with a bag of icecubes and it will chip right off. Done this tons of times. Don't use heat, it could cause your varnish to change colour.
  • carolose46
    Options
    thank you all I will try the ice first and if it's still there I will try the iron on low heat. :)

for those with the dirty minds, sorry but I was just clumsy! nothing exciting!
  • carolose46
    Options
    little update:
    I tried the ice and nothing happened. then tried the iron at low heat with craft paper and it worked like a charm! thank you for your help! :)
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    flame torch would work a treat
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    flame torch would work a treat
    so would a basement with no doors
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Could you maybe heat it up with a blow dryer & wipe it with a paper towel? That's how I get hot wax off of my counter if my wax pot spills.. lol.