Too obsessed with the scale.

Options
So, Iately I've noticed how obsessed I've been weighing myself everyday, at all times. I started insanity yesterday, so I know the scale won't be friendly for the time being. I tossed the batteries outside :o wish me luck on not buying new ones.. lol :ohwell:

how often should I weigh myself while I'm doing insanity?

Replies

• LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Don't pay too much attention to that thing, the mirror is where it's at.

Just know that if you're doing the right thing and eating less cals than you consume, you have to lose weight, or else your body doesn't work anymore and you might be dead
  • Celebi03
    Celebi03 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Thanks. :laugh:
  • alisha_1983
    alisha_1983 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning, but only log weight once a week. I know a lot of people say not to do that... But I do.

Good luck to you!
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I don't weigh anymore because of this. I go by how I look. Here is a perfect example. In my profile pic i weigh the same in BOTH pictures there is maybe a few lbs difference not much, but I am much happier with the pic on the right at x amount of lbs then the pic on the left with the same amount
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i do it too... i weigh ever am just to keep myself on track and accountable but i only log once a week max, i have to hold that number for a good 4-5 days min.
  • PaulineHol
    PaulineHol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Yes but what if you are eating less and doing your exercise and you get on the scale and its gone up, what has gone wrong. Is your body holding onto fat stores and the next time say in a month you've gone down.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If you have an obsession with the scale, I'd say once a week is more than enough. But if you just started a new program, I'd give it two or three weeks before weighing again. Then, do it once a week.
  • LongIsland27itl
    LongIsland27itl Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Yes but what if you are eating less and doing your exercise and you get on the scale and its gone up, what has gone wrong. Is your body holding onto fat stores and the next time say in a month you've gone down.
    if your body is holding on to fat stores then either you're eating too little, or eating too much, Or you're not holding on to fat, it may be water especially for women during that time those hormones love to hold water. But if its not different in a months time then you're probably doing something wrong.

Minus 500 calories from maintenance a day and you should lose 4lbs in a month and the scale should reflect that. Remember to weigh first thing in morning After you goto the bathroom
  • viragoeap
    viragoeap Posts: 107
    Options
    The scales try and rule our world don't they? Don't let them. I go with measurements, how my clothes fit and how do I feel in myself. I can put on weight and my jeans still feel great. I do a lot of exercise so I put it down to body tone. A mass of muscle weighing more than the same mass of fat etc. If you're exercising well, then the same should happen to you, particularly with Insanity!
  • tanyalevan
    tanyalevan Posts: 182
    Options
    I weight everyday! It helps me get out of bed in the morning Haha...And If the scale is down great! If not then I know to try harder...It is actually motivating for me.
  • PaulineHol
    PaulineHol Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thank you for giving me that explanation, I shall keep an eye and see what happens in a months time.