Not used to asking for support but could use some! :-)

Options
Hi all! I am independent and try to do everything myself but it's definitely not working for weight loss! So I know I need to try something new and need to be with like-minded people, but it's weird for me. I am much kinder and supportive to others than I am to myself and struggle with admitting that I need support myself. I joined a month ago but haven't done anything with it by myself so re-committing to really using it.

I am a 48 year old female single parent, going to have an empty nest in a few years and starting to think about what *I* want. I have had a tendency to be overweight my whole life which was kept in check as a serious athlete in my younger days. But after college with an unhappy marriage, I started gaining weight and have never really lost any significant amount.

I think I have the "how-to" as far as exercise and food (although I'm sure I will learn a lot more here) but I appreciate any info on how to use the site. There's so much here and (like everyone), I am very busy -- what should I focus on first?? Is it important to join groups with similar lifestyles? (ie, single parents or age). I am an emotional eater -- are there particular forums for that?

Thanks for being here!!

Replies

• TonyG111160
    TonyG111160 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi feel free to add me, I'm a similar age and maybe we can push each other along.
  • cjcarter77
    cjcarter77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    hi feel free to add me, will be glad to help!