Spaghetti Squash....????

Options
KaraLee69
KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
I tried it once YEARS ago....clueless...no luck. Do you like it? How do you 'make' it? Recipes? Thanks!!!!

Replies

• 2manyhats
    2manyhats Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Cut it in half, scoop out the seeds, place cut side down and bake @350 for 30 mins then scrape out with a fork. We serve it with sauce like spaghetti but also in stir fry. Like to keep things simple!
  • Wjolaughlin
    Wjolaughlin Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I've just started eating it. I really like it! I poke some holes in it, put it in an oven at 375F for about an hour. Let it cool about 30 minutes then cut in half, scoop out seeds and then use a fork to scrape out all the insides. I eat it with spaghetti sauce and some Parmesan cheese. simple but yummy!
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    I really like it, but my hubby is not a fan so I don't make it too often.

Cut it in half & scoop out the seeds. Poke the skin with the tip of a knife several times. Brush all over with a little olive oil or spray with Pam, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It should be very tender all over, depending on size it might take longer. When it's done scrape the strands out from end to end. Toss with a little olive oil, S & P, and parmesan cheese. Eat as is, or serve with Marinara sauce. I like to roast some other veggies while it's cooking, like sweet peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, then toss those on top & smother with marinara.
  • JustAGirlyGeek
    JustAGirlyGeek Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I really like it, but my hubby is not a fan so I don't make it too often.

Cut it in half & scoop out the seeds. Poke the skin with the tip of a knife several times. Brush all over with a little olive oil or spray with Pam, and sprinkle with salt & pepper. Place cut-side down on a baking sheet lined with parchment or foil. Bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. It should be very tender all over, depending on size it might take longer. When it's done scrape the strands out from end to end. Toss with a little olive oil, S & P, and parmesan cheese. Eat as is, or serve with Marinara sauce. I like to roast some other veggies while it's cooking, like sweet peppers, mushrooms, onion, and garlic, then toss those on top & smother with marinara.

Mmm, great idea with mixing with other veggies! I like spaghetti squash but get tired of it quickly. I also love having turkey bolognese sauce with it.
  • shellfly
    shellfly Posts: 186
    Options
  • iWillGetCrowSomeday
    iWillGetCrowSomeday Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I love spaghetti squash! There was another thread about this yesterday that had tons of great ideas for recipes: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1005569-spaghetti-squash?hl=spaghetti+squash#posts-15396965
  • KaraLee69
    KaraLee69 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!! Can't wait to try it!
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    Cut in half, scoop out seeds, cut into quarters if needed, place in steamer for about 45 minutes. When done, scrape out meat into a bowl, add butter. Serve with your favorite spaghetti sauce, just as you would spaghetti.