Leslie Sansone DVDs and calories burned

Options
Anyone really know how many calories are burned doing one of the WALK AEROBICS DVDs that are for intermediate or advanced walkers? I just started a new one today that used her resistance bands for 3 miles and WOW - I was once again sweat'n to a Leslie Sansone DVD. I still mix up her work outs for beginners with some of the intermediate/advanced walker DVDs. I am 54 and have really never been active. I stick with Leslie's videos because "I know I will stick with them." I really just wondered if anyone knew how many calories are generally burned with WALK AEROBICS?

Thank you for your feedback.

Replies

• JDBLY11
    JDBLY11 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I have read that they burn about 100-150 calories per mile for a 150 lb person.
  • rd1759
    rd1759 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you. Very helpful.
  • bethwindisch
    bethwindisch Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 52 and just getting back to exercising after many years "off". Someone suggested the Leslie Sansone dvd's to me as I have arthritis in one knee and am limited to what I can do. I have really enjoyed them and have stuck with them since February. I alternate among some that use the resistance band and some that don't. I usually put it down as walking 4 mph or low impact aerobics, so two miles comes out as burning around 230 calories. I weigh around 200. I think maybe they burn more calories than that, especially when using the resistance bands and if you really keep up the pace of the walk. But I go with what my fitness pal gives me when I enter the exercise. Stick with it - it's worth it and it works. I've lost almost 30 pounds and several inches throughout my body since starting this exercise and it's really all I do exercise wise. I think they're great dvd's!