Need Some Pals

Options
My name is Stephanie, I am in Gahanna OH and I would like some weight loss pals to help keep me going. I am 44 years old and have been happily married for 27 years. I have 4 grown children and am a Nana to a beautiful 7 year old little girl and an adorable 7 month old boy. I also have 2 step granchildren that are 3 and 5 year old boys.
I have struggled with weight since my first pregnancy. 5 years ago I lost a large amount of weight on weight watchers and was finally back down to 165 from 295. Then 2 years ago something happened, and no matter what I was eating, and still working out, I started gaining weight ridiculously. I kind of gave up and said the heck with it. About a year ago I found out I had a dysfunctional thyroid. After months of trying to get my medication right, I am finally ready to get back on track. My biggest problem right now is that I AM AN EMOTIONAL EATER! When stress, or anxiety hit me, I hit the food.
I will be there for you, if you will be there for me.

Replies

• 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    Sent a request, I am glad to help u with any support u need along the way
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is the best, you'll love it here! just added you!
  • buttercup32472
    Options
    Added! )
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : ) And you know what's good for stress.....exercise! You can do it!!
  • ravenbard
    ravenbard Posts: 51
    Options
    Hi Steph, Just to say hello to a nearby neighbor of mine. Gahanna is just a little way from me. good luck on your journey and if you ever want to chat, please send me a message. I check in daily but have only been a member for 5 days.
  • Dynamis600
    Dynamis600 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Happy to encourage you I have about the same to lose. I will send you are request.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me : ) And you know what's good for stress.....exercise! You can do it!!

This. Working out really helps with stress levels and releases endorphins, so you feel even better after doing it! It can also help reduce that hungry/snackish feeling in the afternoon--feeling overwhelmed or snackish, take a walk:) Lol, I think "snackish" is a word my sister invented, but it works. I think it means when you feel a little hungry and want to have that cookie or whatever, but you're really just bored.
  • janstroff
    janstroff Posts: 2
    Options
    I will be happy to be your pal!!! I am an emotional eater too and are stories are very similar.
  • Sammynd
    Sammynd Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like, I'm new to this forum and just starting my journey after losing 3 stone a few years back and now sadly have put it all back on, due to my own fault, by saying I'll start again tomorrow, but tomorrow never comes, I comfort eat because i feel sad or stressed, and sad that I comfort eat, but today is the day that I do something about it. We will have good days and bad days but we will get there,
  • bluebelltinkerbell
    bluebelltinkerbell Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey I have sent u a request, im starting a long journey too so be good to support each other
  • SunchipsCathy
    SunchipsCathy Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Request sent! :)
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have on here for almost a year. I log in every day. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • Kellyerin1217
    Options
    Hi! Good to "meet" you. Just sent a friend request.
  • alexsmom1949
    alexsmom1949 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I live close to Gahanna. My partner is very supportive but I also need other support. Be happy to offer any support I can. Name is Carol - 64 years old, ride a motorcycle and want to lose 60 lbs.