I can't believe I used to eat this!

Options
I thought it would be fun to post with foods we used to eat, and how many calories/salt/fat/whatever they are, as motivation to avoid those foods!

I can't believe I used to eat a large dairy queen cappuchino skor blizzard, and not think anything of it:

1240 calories
51g fat, including 29g saturated fat (more than the daily recommended level)
177 g carb
680 sodium (surprising!)

How awful. Sometimes I'd be 'good' and get the medium instead of large, but with 900 cal, 37g fat, and 127 g carb, it isn't much better.

Replies

• Ms_Natalie
    Ms_Natalie Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    I thought it would be fun to post with foods we used to eat, and how many calories/salt/fat/whatever they are, as motivation to avoid those foods!

I can't believe I used to eat a large dairy queen cappuchino skor blizzard, and not think anything of it:

1240 calories
    177 g carb
    680 sodium (surprising!)

How awful. Sometimes I'd be 'good' and get the medium instead of large, but with 900 cal, 37g fat, and 127 g carb, it isn't much better.

wow....That is a huge drink!!! I think it's wrong to serve people this kind of food/drink! All governments are on about people being obese and they still alow people to drink a drink that is an entire day of calories (for me)

If they want to control alcohol....they should also aim to control calorie intake! That is unbelievable! x
  • recipe4success
    recipe4success Posts: 469 Member
    Options

1240 calories
    177 g carb
    680 sodium (surprising!)

wow....That is a huge drink!!! I think it's wrong to serve people this kind of food/drink! All governments are on about people being obese and they still alow people to drink a drink that is an entire day of calories (for me)

If they want to control alcohol....they should also aim to control calorie intake! That is unbelievable! x

Ridiculous isn't it? I can't believe i'd eat that after supper maybe 1x/week! The bad thing about dairy queen is there isn't any lower fat options either..they used to have frozen yogurt instead of ice cream but removed that option.
  • txtree50
    txtree50 Posts: 51
    Options
    Tonight I was going to go to Sonic and get a cherry limeade until I plugged everything in and decided to take a walk and have some water! HAHAHA
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    WTF is it like a litre or something?
  • recipe4success
    Options
    WTF is it like a litre or something?

well it is ice cream, and chocolate, etc....not too surprising the calories would be that high

a large is 32 ounces
  • amg_89
    amg_89 Posts: 184
    Options
    i used to eat a full rack of ribs at chili's and follow it up with the molten chocolate cake!

funny thing is, i weighed less then. i could eat like that every once in a while then. But then i became anorexic and now that i'm recovered NOTHING will come off and i just keep GAINING!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    This I only had this two times before I started my healthy lifestyle, but it makes me want to faint knowing that I actually ate that!

Teriyaki Six Dollar Burger from Carl's Jr. :
    Calories - 840
    Saturated Fat - 18 g
    Cholesterol - 110 mg
    Carbs - 69 g
    Sugar - 26 g (more than 6 teaspoons of sugar)

And I would have the burger with Medium French Fries:
    Calories - 460
    Carbs - 60 g

And top it all off with a Carl's Jr. Oreo Cookie Shake:
    Calories - 730
    Saturated Fat - 25 g
    Cholesterol - 100 mg
    Carbs - 81 g
    Sugar - 64 g (over 15 teaspoons of sugar)

This is a GRAND TOTAL of:
    2030 calories!
    Saturated Fat - 47.5 g
    Cholesterol - 210 mg
    Carbs - 210 g
    Sugar - 90 g (21+ teaspoons of sugar)

And lets not forget the salt - 3,300 mg of sodium for that meal

All in ONE meal!!! That's just INSANE!

This is so disgusting, and at the time I had no idea how much calories, fat, sugar, and salt was in that meal! That's just SICK! Fast food companies need to be forced to post the nutrition information in the restaurant. Everything we buy in the grocery store has the nutrition information right on it, they should totally do that to fast food places. The nutrition information should be printed right on the paper they wrap the burger in and the cardboard carton they put the fries in, etc. People need to be made aware of exactly what it is they are eating. And these fast food companies need to be held accountable for what they are doing do kids. :(
  • Becka77
    Becka77 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    One of my (old) faves is Dos XX Fish Tacos from On The Border, imagine my surprise when I looked them up and found out they were 2,250 calories!! That doesn't even include the chips & queso, salsa and hand-made tortillas that I would scarf down first or the 2-3 beers I would enjoy along with it.

That one meal is like 2 days worth of calories!!
  • recipe4success
    Options
    i used to eat a full rack of ribs at chili's and follow it up with the molten chocolate cake!

funny thing is, i weighed less then. i could eat like that every once in a while then. But then i became anorexic and now that i'm recovered NOTHING will come off and i just keep GAINING!

I don't like Chili's much anymore...was going to go there recently until i looked up the nutrition info online, basically everything there is unhealthy. I used to get the quesadilla explosion salad thinking it was healthy, but it had like 1400 calories!
  • recipe4success
    Options

This is so disgusting, and at the time I had no idea how much calories, fat, sugar, and salt was in that meal! That's just SICK! Fast food companies need to be forced to post the nutrition information in the restaurant. Everything we buy in the grocery store has the nutrition information right on it, they should totally do that to fast food places. The nutrition information should be printed right on the paper they wrap the burger in and the cardboard carton they put the fries in, etc. People need to be made aware of exactly what it is they are eating. And these fast food companies need to be held accountable for what they are doing do kids. :(

Wow that is a ton of calories and sodium in one meal!

That's the thing...at the time we didn't really know what was in the meal, and although perhaps we knew on some level that it would be terribly unhealthy...we still thought it wouldn't be *too* bad. At least that is how it was for me. I'd think "oh this is unhealthy, but its fine to have for one meal in the day"..sigh.

I totally agree about posting nutrition info in restaurants. I like red lobster as they have some nutritional info available right at the table. Some places have it available but you have to ask, and others look at you like you are crazy lol. I look forward to it being more regulated.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    One of my (old) faves is Dos XX Fish Tacos from On The Border, imagine my surprise when I looked them up and found out they were 2,250 calories!! That doesn't even include the chips & queso, salsa and hand-made tortillas that I would scarf down first or the 2-3 beers I would enjoy along with it.

That one meal is like 2 days worth of calories!!

That is a crazy amount of calories!!
  • lordrahvin
    lordrahvin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    For me it was two Famous Stars (hamburgers at Carl's Jr) and a 44 oz. Coke. Sometimes I'd park myself at one of their tables and just read a book for a couple hours, getting multiple refills and eating two meals before I finally left.

Never again.

(2 xFamous Star (2 for $3 !!) -- 600 calories each, 44 oz. Coke w/1 refill -- 1056 calories, Total: 2256 Calories)
  • ivyjbres
    ivyjbres Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    $6 Guacamole bacon all the way. 1040 calories.
  • aliciamille
    Options
    HA! these are great!

This was about a year ago...so dont judge! After a friday night of drinking with my friends (so probably like 500 calories or so of pop mixed with liquor), I would drunkenly go to McDonalds and order a double cheeseburger, a 6 piece mcnugget and large fries!!

nooooo!!

and of course I would always ***** and be like, "Oh I'm a runner, why am I not skinny??" DUH!
  • aliciamille
    Options
    MFP just edited my post! The ***** word I meant to say was B with an 'itch haha
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options

1240 calories
    177 g carb
    680 sodium (surprising!)

I know what you mean!

Before I went on my sensible weight loss plan, I would eat something like the following:

No breakfast.
    Get into work, eat a Snickers bar and a coffee.
    Two hours later, buy a cake and a coffee.
    Break time, eat a Twix bar and a coffee
    Lunch time, 2 cream cheese baguettes
    Afternoon snack, Giant bag of Fruit Pastilles or Lemon Sherbets.
    2nd Afternoon snack, coffee with a Belgium Bun.
    Dinner Chips, fish in batter, large cake
    Late evening snack, Two slices of toast with butter

THAT was typical of what my eating habits used to be like. Anybody that has seen any of my posts on these forums, rattling on about how well I eat now, will now understand what I am on about :laugh:

To put it really bluntly, I ate crap, I felt like crap, I piled on the weight at the rate of one to two pound per week, eventually stopping when I was just about to move into size 16 (UK size) clothes. If I had not clamped down and "got to it", I would have ended up enormous.

It is a wonder I am not dead!
  • MrsBattousai
    Options
    For breakfast a whole bag of chemo perogies with a whole tub of sour cream and sometimes cheese on top so bad.
    Eat tons of junk chips pop choclate. Snacks
    Lunch I wuld eat a whole pizza somedays.
    Dinner alot of fast food and almost every dish had to have cheese on top. Really bad foods.
    No wonder I was almost 300 pounds.

I can not believe I ate like that no wonder I felt like I was like 50 years old when I was 20.
    Never again such a better life now!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Before I started my lifestyle change. I had a approx 45 min commute to work. There were 2 McDonalds on the commute depending on which route I took, of course eating it in the car. This was a repeated habit 5 times a week.

2 breakfast burritos
    2 hash browns
    1 medium sprite
    Total 1140 calories
    54 grams of fat
    137 grams of carbs which 60 grams were sugar.
    2120 mg of sodium

Then, at dinner, I went and got fast food again, sometimes feeling "hungry" and the one sandwich combo wouldn't fill me up.

So,
    Chicken sandwich
    Large fries
    Medium Sprite
    Extra Cheeseburger

Another 1540 calories
    57 grams of fat
    216 grams carb which 69 grams were sugar
    2350 mg of sodium.

Ok, I'm feeling sick typing this, knowing I had this daily combination several days.
  • recipe4success
    Options
    Also I can't believe that I'd go out for breakfast with my husband, and we'd actually order 3 meals. One for each of of (say an omelette with hashbrowns and toast) and then a third one to share (usually pancakes). How horrible is that.
  • e1ny
    e1ny Posts: 29
    Options
    I love this thread. I just looked up my favorite "tall" latte from Starbucks--with skim milk--and even that is 200 calories. That is 20 min on the elliptical! 20 min of working out just to cancel out a drink that I can consume in a matter of minutes. Makes me sad. But to see the calorie counts on burgers and shakes, I don't even want to look that stuff up! It is scary.