When did you first notice.....

Options
How much weight did you lose before you first noticed? Im almost down 5 lbs and am looking forward to noticing a difference. I cant wait until my clothes fit looser, I know it will give me more modivation to keep going.

Replies

• CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I'm at between 15-16 lbs lost. I'm just starting to notice. It seemed like I would never fit into smaller clothes or see a difference. I started 30 DS about 2 weeks ago and have seen the physical changes in the mirror in the past week.
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    16 pounds lost and I'm just noticing my clothes are looser. I carry my weight in my hips and back end. Consequently, that's where the weight is coming off.
  • SimpleStepsHealthCoach
    SimpleStepsHealthCoach Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi Chelle,

I noticed an increase in energy when I lost around 10 lbs. For clothing I believe it was around the 15 lb mark. What's awesome is when you go down the journey, you will sometimes notice (and feel) a loss in weight even though the scale says otherwise. At first you might feel like your delusional, but when you need to shop for new clothes you feel reinforced. That's what we call a NSV (non-scale victory).

Let us know when you finally start feeling a difference and have fun!
  • oiseau17
    oiseau17 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Other people started noticing at 15 lbs and I started noticing at 20ish, but I had a lot to lose.
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    When I started again back at the end of February 2012 I was still wearing pants that were a 30/32. I had probably been at it two or three months when I realized that there was no way I could keep wearing ANY of my jeans. I went from a 30/32 to a 26. I'd noticed little things like the fact I was constantly hitching things up, or pulling my bra band down or that my shirts were fitting a bit more loosely, but it was seeing the actual size decrease that made it really click for me. I think I lost around 20ish lbs at that point, but it's been awhile.
  • dpollet2
    dpollet2 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I lose weight in my face and chest first, so I don't notice my clothes fitting better for many moons. I'm currently down 16lbs and since my problem area is lower stomach my pants are STILL tight! My upper tummy and chest are smaller, so some of my shirts fit better, but I still have a dang muffin top from tight pants. lol

I just keep on, keeping on. Maybe at 20-25lbs I'll lose some of this tummy.
  • squiggyflop
    squiggyflop Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I noticed in a week a small change, then at the 2 week mark the pants I bought on day 1 fell down to my knees when I was walking. That would be the moment I REALLY knew there was a change (because I had proof). Ummmm I think that was about 5lbs.
  • shikiwiki13
    Options
    Started noticing after about 15-20 pounds lost. I have now lost 60 pounds and have gone from a size 12 to a size 00.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Ya like 20 pounds
    that was 2 inches off waist
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    With 80 lbs to lose, I first really noticed my clothes fitting looser at about 15 lbs.
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    About 18-20 pounds, but I am tall.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I notice all kinds of stuff... I started feeling stronger before I lost any weight.

I'd say my clothes fit differently after about 15lbs. Even then, there are still days when I get bloated from water weight and have to put my fat pants back on.
  • NaomiJFoster
    NaomiJFoster Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    10 pounds --- I could feel a difference in how my clothes were fitting, and there was a difference in how I felt.
    15 pounds --- Other people started commenting to me about my weightloss, and a big difference in physical abilities.
    20 pounds --- I can see a visible difference in photos, and people are ooohing and aaahing.