23 lbs in 2 months

Options
philleah
philleah Posts: 34 Member
I am 27 yrs old, 5'4 and my starting weight was 142. I have always eaten nutritional/healthy food, but a lot of it. Did too much intense cardio and didn't focus on weights. I wanted to get lean for my engagement pictures and wedding!

Now I am 119 lbs. I went from eating about 2500 calories a day to 1200-1400. I eat a diet of lean meat, fruit, veggies, nuts, and low fat dairy. I allow myself 1 or 2 cheat days a week where I don't grow crazy, but I eat what I want in moderation (pizza, chips, wine, Chinese food).

When I have a cheat day, I always think, well I'm glad I could still indulge, but I am always ready to get back on track to my healthy diet the next day!!

I do at least an hour of physical activity a day. Whether it's walking outside or HIIT workouts. I do the HIIT workout about 2 or 3 days a week to tone and build lean muscle.

The weight came off fast because I was dedicated and MOTIVATED by my clothes fitting looser and looser each week...115 lbs is my goal weight, but honestly, I am happy where I'm at! When I get to 115lbs I will up my calories to about 1600 to maintain....

Good luck on your fitness journey everyone. If I can do it, you can too....

Replies

• philleah
    Options
    I don't know how to post pictures on the blog, but my profile picture is me afterwards.
  • sheisadventure
    Options
    Great job! I;ve been trying to lose 20lbs in the last 5 months, but I still have 3.4lbs to go!
  • Mlkmaid
    Mlkmaid Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Wow. That seems way too fast. It took me five months to lose 25 and I run and do yoga. I hope you're not setting yourself up to rebound. Best of luck.
  • LeahT84
    LeahT84 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Wow. That seems way too fast. It took me five months to lose 25 and I run and do yoga. I hope you're not setting yourself up to rebound. Best of luck.

Everyone goes at different paces and at a different rate. I have lost 50 pounds in 16 weeks, and I did it in a very healthy way and a way that is easy to maintain so that I won't rebound and gain back. I feel that your comment was a bit rude. Just because it didn't happen that fast for you doesn't mean that she will gain it back.
  • Swehl
    Swehl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! Thank you for sharing :)
  • philleah
    Options
    @sheisadventure...that's awesome! Keep it up :).....@mlkmaid...Thank you. I understand where you're coming from. It does seem fast, but I completely revamped my diet and drink a lot less alcohol than I used to. Love my wine :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    that is fast. it took me a year to lose 20 lbs. i am 5.2 ft and my maintenance is 1600? what site have you used to calculate yours? i think yours is and should be more....especially for the amount you exercise
  • philleah
    Options
    I used MFP. I put in my goals and it gave me 1200 calories a day without exercise, and adds in my exercise calories to be eaten back....I really used MFP as a guide and, yeah, it worked. I am going to add more calories later to maintain my weight when I get to 115.
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    ya that is how i used to do it too and then everyone kept telling me about tdee -10-20% so i have been doing that for the last few months. really it's the same,in so many ways... 1200 cals to 200-300 burned is 14-1500 and for my tdee it's 1766 and if i take 20% off it give me 1400 and if i take 15% it's 1500.. so it all balances out in the end. i think i may go back to the other mfp method as i find on the days i don't work out i am eating more, but if i only ate back my cals on the days i exercised the i would in general be eating less weekly... as i have only maintained my weight since jan.... my goal was 115 too and i got as low as 116.4 and really seem to be steady at 118 for the most part, so 6 months later and still no 115, so i gave up on the thought of one day hitting it.!
  • philleah
    Options
    I will check into the Tdee thing. I've never heard of it before...
  • philleah
    Options

Everyone goes at different paces and at a different rate. I have lost 50 pounds in 16 weeks, and I did it in a very healthy way and a way that is easy to maintain so that I won't rebound and gain back. I feel that your comment was a bit rude. Just because it didn't happen that fast for you doesn't mean that she will gain it back.

LeahT84- great name! My first name is Leah ;)...congrats on losing 50 lbs in 16 weeks! That is amazing! Thanks for the support and positive comments. You are right, everyone is different at the rate they lose. I too, did it in a very healthy way so i'm proud of myself. Best wishes!
  • cgh1610
    cgh1610 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hi and congratulations on your weight loss results so far! i think u look fantastic!
    I am 5'3 and am currently about 121lbs, and my goal is also 115lbs... you have inspired me to continue and i am determined to reach my goal

have u found it easy to stick to?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!