Need some help losing the Freshman 15... and then some

Options
Hey everyone! I've been using this site regularly for a few days now and I figured I should go ahead and introduce myself! I started college last year and have struggled with the legendary freshman 15 (for me, it was more like the freshman 25, especially near the end of the school year!) I've been struggling with my weight since I was a kid and I know how to eat healthy (I was even vegan for several years), but I got into the habit of binge eating when I'm studying or just bored and it's not only really unhealthy, but pretty expensive. I've tried pretty much everything to lose weight over the years (weight watchers, diet supplements, even this site about a year ago), but I know from experience that the only thing that really works is counting calories and staying active... so here goes! I'm trying again and this time I really want to take it seriously, but I could use some support, especially from other college students who have had similar issues!

Replies

• taylorxpaige
    taylorxpaige Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I just finished my freshman year, and I also gained the "freshman 15." I have lost about half of it, and am working on getting back to my starting weight pre-college. Feel free to add me :)
  • bakebakebaker
    Options
    Hello! :) I'm in exactly the same boat! I moved to uni in october, put on 2 stone (like 28lbs) and have been trying to lose it since xmas by just using the myfitnesspal app- this is my first message on one of these forums. I was also a bit chubby as a kid and was vegetarian for five years all through high school. I'd just basically like to lose what I put on, I'm fine with still being a bit soft in all the right places (ha). I've lost loads of inches and look better in the nip, but I just don't seem to lose any weight :/ It's strange xxx
  • karl39x
    karl39x Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I think I lost weight during my first year.
  • emily_ebooks
    emily_ebooks Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I just finished my first year of college too, and while I lost my freshman 15, I'm still looking to lose another 10-15 lbs or so. Feel free to add me! :)
  • StarGazerP89
    StarGazerP89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I need help losing the 'got settled with a boyfriend' 15! Looked at a few pics from a couple years ago when I was a stone lighter (oddly at the end of Uni first year!!) and would love to be back at that! I used to do so much sport but that gradually stopped so I'm off to the gym/swimming and being strict on what I'm eating! Feel free to add me, I'd definitely appreciate some encouragement!! :)
  • SmurphyKU
    SmurphyKU Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm a junior in college and have had trouble with my weight since freshman year, as a result of stress. This site has been helping me a lot though! I added you, and anybody else feel free to add me :)