Music that get's you pumped???

Options
Hi Everyone!!

I'm trying very hard to up my time for cardio and really want to get new music on my iPod. You can only go through iTunes so many times....I would LOVE to know what song(s) you listen to that totally get you pumped! I don't care what it is, it could be Britney Spears to Rob Zombie, I just need some kick butt music!

Any responses would be greatly appreciated!! :):):)

Replies

• MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Rockafellar Skank - FatBoy Slim always makes me run faster when I think I'm going to give up!

Also, Blurred Lines - Robin Thicke and Pharell keeps me dancing and energized :)
  • 19Lindsay76
    19Lindsay76 Posts: 135
    Options
    Funny, I actually love working out to Rob Zombie!! Also though, I really like listening to Dance/Hip Hop to get me moving while I am working out. If I am doing housework, I like to crank up 80's so I can dance around while I am cleaning lol...nerdy...maybe. But, it adds a little oomph to my housework ;)
  • sgtbrown
    sgtbrown Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I listen to everything from Black Label Society to any "old" 70's-80's funk. I totally zone out to the music while riding my mountainbike. Yesterday, Black Label Society helped me climb a huge hill.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Eminem - Lose Yourself

It's seriously soooooooooooooooo motivating!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    i love rock, dance, and clubby music. some of my favs on my playlist for the gym:

We Own It (from the new Fast and Furious)
    Alive- Krewella
    Rise- Skillet (3 more also by the same band- Whispers in the Dark, Monster, and Awake and Alive)
    My Songs Know What You Did in the Dark- Fall Out Boy
    As Your Friend- Chris Brown
    Hey- Lil Jon (also: Turbulence and Drink)
    From The Step Up Revolution soundtrack (no i dont watch the movie- just always like the music from these)- Lets Go and Feel Alive
    White Rabbit- Egypt Central

thats just to name a few :)
  • WillowWindow
    WillowWindow Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Re: Eminem " Lose Yourself" :

I just listened on youtube. Forgot how good eminem really is. This has great lyrics and a message beyond violence and sex, which is just a cut above, IMO.
  • Caleysia1
    Caleysia1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I use pandora. I have the dub step radio going while working out good beat to it keeps me going. Even my boxing instructor plays dub step while we work out to keep us going
  • uthatswho
    uthatswho Posts: 34
    Options
    I lean towards heavy metal, In This Moment http://youtu.be/5ZF5m-vmDzM
    gets lot of play on my Ipod. Warning though, if like to mosh it's hard to not send elbows up and hair into tornado on the treadmill.

When not in mood for that I play classical - Beethoven, Chopin and Schubert.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options

I just listened on youtube. Forgot how good eminem really is. This has great lyrics and a message beyond violence and sex, which is just a cut above, IMO.

Yay, glad you agree! I'm a major Eminem fan and there's honestly so much more to him than some people think. A lot of the time what he says in his songs isn't supposed to be taken literally. He really has some great messages in his songs. Plus in the past few years he's really turned his life around (including getting sober and getting into shape!) Really inspirational. :smile:
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    the used- sound effects and overdramatics
    that really gets me going and i have no idea why,.

the used- I'm a fake.....just gotta get passed the intro where hes just talking (though it is a great part)

Breathe Carolina- Sweat It Out
    actually, anything Breathe Carolina from Hello Fascination or Hell Is What You Make It albums.

The Cab- I'll Run
    Another Me
    Livng Louder

^all by the cab btw.

I love listening to Simple Plan and Fall Out Boy as well.

Then again, no one likes the same music as me anymore these days :p
  • iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options

Yay, glad you agree! I'm a major Eminem fan and there's honestly so much more to him than some people think. A lot of the time what he says in his songs isn't supposed to be taken literally. He really has some great messages in his songs. Plus in the past few years he's really turned his life around (including getting sober and getting into shape!) Really inspirational. :smile:

Em is the man! He probably rocks to work out to! Never thought of that one.
  • AmykinsCatfood
    AmykinsCatfood Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Deadmau5!
  • run4thewin
    run4thewin Posts: 10
    Options
    Go to iTunes and download "35 Top Hits, Vol. 2 - Workout Mixes" (2012). Enough blood-pumping club mixes to get you through an entire marathon!
  • krouse83
    krouse83 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    On the treadmill I tend to listen to a lot of pop, but more Ke$ha than anything. Her songs are annoying but for some reason my body tends to speed up naturally listening to her.

When I life weights I listen to a lot of hard rock including Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, and Seether.
  • LearnFromTheRed
    LearnFromTheRed Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Adam F/DJ Fresh - Breakbeat Kaos
    DJ Zinc - Beats By Design
    DJ Hype - Fabriclive 03
    Jungle Sound Gold
    Andy C Presents Ram Raiders
    World Dance - The Drum and Bass Experience

I admit, you may well notice a pattern here...
  • SuckItUpKupcake
    SuckItUpKupcake Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Awesome choices!!! Thank you everyone!! I listen to everything so I'm having a grand ol' time now going through iTunes!! You guys rock for responding!!!

Thank you so much!!
  • kganc001
    kganc001 Posts: 317
    Options
    I can't stand Ke$ha...unless I'm working out. The beats really get me going!
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Bumping. Need new ideas
  • sm00r
    sm00r Posts: 5
    Options
    10. Nickelback - Burn it to the Ground
    9. Red Line Chemistry - Ultragigantor