Hip Hop Abs

Options
Can anyone tell me approximately how many calories do you burn when you do the complete 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs????

I log it under Dance, aerobic, ballet or modern twist and calories lost was only like 209...I feel like it may be more than that can tell me if this is correct?

Replies

• keya2917
    keya2917 Posts: 1
    Options
    The only thing that I found is that at at your weigth you should burn about 10 calories per min doing hip hop style dancing

http://www.livestrong.com/article/297801-how-many-calories-does-hip-hop-dancing-burn/
  • thelawsonfour
    Options
    i was just googling this as well looking for that answer. i found that between 330-550, depending on age, weight, etc. 45 minutes of areobic dance is 773 :)
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    As the other two posters said, it all depends on age and weight - fitness level can also be a factor. When I first started out, I could burn crazy calories doing much lighter intensity activities, now the only thing that gives me that kind of burn is running. The last time I did Hip Hop Abs, my total burn was 383 and that was for 60 minutes (did the 45 minute total body burn and then part of one of the other ones, can't remember which) which is just over 6 calories per minute. I'm 38 years old, fairly fit and weigh about 175.

ETA: Went back in history on my exercise diary just out of curiosity. A little over a year ago, I was about 20 pounds heavier and only had a slightly better burn of just over 7 calories per minute.
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options
    That sounds about right to me because I do the Fat Burning Cardio dvd sometimes and I burn between 250-350 depending on the workout I did before that and I weigh over 300lbs!!
  • Pashen4fit
    Pashen4fit Posts: 63
    Options
    That sounds about right to me because I do the Fat Burning Cardio dvd sometimes and I burn between 250-350 depending on the workout I did before that and I weigh over 300lbs!!

Yes she is the hip-hop abs queen
  • Raina27
    Raina27 Posts: 133
    Options

Yes she is the hip-hop abs queen

LMAO!! :bigsmile:
  • KittyKait89
    KittyKait89 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this website.. has a few different workouts listed.. hip hop abs, 10 minute trainer, brazil butt lift, insanity etc. http://soreyfitness.com/fitness/calories-burned/ it says its a ballpark amount of calories burned.. hope it helps!
  • sassyredgirl
    sassyredgirl Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I am 5 7 226 lbs I burned 230 Cal's yesterday
  • Vane0314
    Vane0314 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    What if you're 5' 2 and weigh 142 lbs? How many calories would you burn then?
  • Azaelia11
    Options
    I've been doing hip hop abs for the past 2 weeks, and between using the Total Body Burn & The Hips Buns and Thighs i burn between 300 - 500/600 Calories depending how long i survive on the hips buns and thighs, it's killer. haha
  • picper1
    picper1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you, I was just trying to find out that info. I'll check it out now
  • Lynhira
    Lynhira Posts: 2
    Options
    if any of you have xbox 360 with kinect or your kid does take it from them lol, the zumba rush and core cd's are awesome and they tell you how many calories burned and the hip hop dance experience game is fun also, the dance marathon tells you calories burned once you stop. if you have xbox live you can play against friends, its pretty cool way of enjoying a workout.
  • jknisley158
    Options
    As has been said, its going to be different for each person. The best way to know is to wear a heart rate monitor, see what your average heart rate is and then use one of the heart rate based calorie calculators that estimates based on your gender, weight, age, and heart rate. For example, I do Hip Hop Abs because its fun and it does help with trimming abs, but its not a huge calorie burner...not enough intensity to get my heart rate up. I'm 54, male, 158lbs and during a 30 minutes session my average heart rate is 118, so using the calculator my net calorie burn is only 285 calories. When I jog at a good pace, 45 minutes at a heart rate of 140 gives me a net calorie burn of 630 calories. Over twice the calories for just 15 minutes more activity.
  • Youcandothiswoman
    Options
    The Fat burning Cardio one-has anyone done this one??? Looking for info thanks did the 29:43 mins one-
  • rhearns90
    Options
    This definitely helped me....thanks!!!!
  • getlean170
    getlean170 Posts: 1
    Options
    you can log it under Zumba - I feel like I get the same workout from both Hip Hop abs and Zumba
  • kimmifat2fit052014
    Options
    I can't figure out how many calories I burn during a workout because I don't have a calorie watch or anything.
    I'm 24 years old, female, 5'2", weigh 213 and I just did hip hop abs fat burning cardio. Someone please help me!
    I sweated and worked my butt off and I just don't know
  • Poshyankee
    Poshyankee Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I believe getlean170 is correct, it can logged under zumba as they are the same type of workout. I'm 5 2 and 150lbs and don't believe that recording it under aerobics was an accurate representation of calories burned. I'm sweating something terrible and the calories burned were just barely over 300 for 40 minutes of cardio groove...