NIGHT shift... how do you guys log??

Options
So, I work night shifts 7pm-7am... how do you log your food in appropriately if I wake up at 7pm to go to work??? My time of days are just screwed up! any tips? thanks!

Replies

• mysi019
    mysi019 Posts: 55
    Options
    I recently got switched to all mids to mids/afternoons. We work 2 12s a week and 2 8s. so that means i get 3 days off. So my week is all screwed up. I count my days as 7am-7am that way it works for me no matter what shift i am on or even if its my day off. I dont eat though when i get home from mids, i usually go right to bed. So the 7am cut off is good for me.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    my day is from when I get up and when I go to bed.
  • Precious_Nissa
    Options
    I worked night shift for 10 years and yes its very hard but honestly, i didnt change my eating....i made myself eat breakfast @ 8 , i set my alarm for lunch and would eat dinner before going to work....I did have a snack while @ work but not a real full meal and not anything heavy and loaded in calories....I drank alot which helped me not have those night time cravings....
  • cj0725
    cj0725 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Your meals should be the same - just not "normal" time of eating them.

Say that Breakfast is at 7pm on Wednesday, Lunch is at 1am on Thursday and dinner is at 7am on Thursday, then when you get up and eat your breakfast again a 7pm on Thursday, that will close out your meals for Thursday (except for snacks).

Hope that helps! Makes sense to me at least....
  • khayanne
    khayanne Posts: 11
    Options
    Thanks guys! I will use all your suggestions and see what works with me! thanks
  • italianabambina
    italianabambina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I agree with when you wake up until when you go to bed. I feel as though it's a little much to set your alarm to eat.
  • KPaden1221
    KPaden1221 Posts: 433
    Options
    I HATED NIGHTS!!! I gained most of my weigh works nights.. it was awful bc i couldn't figure out a good flow... and plus i went to school... but from just moving from nights to days i immediately lost like 20lbs.. (before I joined MFP).. but geeze... good luck!! i hope you find a flow.. instead of calling them lunch breakfast and dinner i would change those titles to the time you eat and then snacks and jsut lost it as you eat it..

if you wake up monday at 5pm- eat "breakfast"

around Tues 1am- eat "lunch"

around Tues 7am - eat "dinner"

then log snacks

then start the next with

5pm - Tues eat "breakfast"

wed1am- eat "lunch"

wed 7am - eat "dinner"