MY NSV FOR THE WEEKEND

Options
jodsap
jodsap Posts: 22 Member
My hubby and I helped a friend move. And of course the friend's new digs were on the second floor. *sigh* STAIRS... with heavy or awkward stuff - not my favorite.

Anyhow- I did the whole day. All those trips up and down the stairs - and my legs didn't hurt, I wasn't gasping for air, I didn't have to stop after each trip and I didn't get tired. And it was 90 degrees with 100 percent humidity!

Yeah me!!!

Any other NSVs this weekend? I love reading these!

Replies

• 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    That's great and you got some great exercise too! We did a lot of yard work today...tearing out old landscape timbers that were connected by rebar. We had to beat the rebar to get it out, I'm going to be sore tomorrow, but I did it!
  • fishermanmatt
    fishermanmatt Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Those are some great NSVs. I had a couple today myself. I took my longest ride yet on my bike, 16 miles. I then hit the gym for an hour and did my shoulder/back lifts. These workouts combined for my highest calorie burn yet, 3990 calories burned in 196 minutes (time and stats are per my HRM). Today is also my MFP "birthday". I've stuck it out for a solid year.
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    I had two people tell me this weekend that I've lost enough and am a nice size. I want to lose at least 17 more pounds. That's my goal, but I'm toying with dropping another 10 on top of that.
  • Chelle377
    Chelle377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I bought a pair of Capris this morning (that did not have an X in front of the size) and they fit... :happy:
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I ran 3 miles without stopping this morning. :)
  • Bbwnomore2
    Bbwnomore2 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    kudos to you all!!!! i was just happy to go out walking and go to the pool this am :love:
  • kcaffee1
    kcaffee1 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Having to take over yard work for my aging mother who just can't get up once she's down any more. Used to be I'd have to kneel the entire time I was weeding. (VERY awkward since the bed I was working on today is 4 - 5' deep!) Today, I actually was able to stand for quite a bit of it, and my back didn't even twinge! Also, the kneeling I did didn't aggravate my recent knee injury, so I won't be laid up from the gym tomorrow.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    I cycled 100 miles in a day yesterday for the first time in my (very long!) life.

Been training for it since the winter and it feels great to tick off one of my big goals for the year.
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    went to Costco this weekend to get my groceries and they had workout shorts on sale, grabbed a pair in size S. Brought them home and they FIT!!!!!! Gone from XL to size SMALL!!!!!!
  • chelovik
    chelovik Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    My arms were busting out of my shirt at my nephews graduation
  • CherylP67
    CherylP67 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    I have 2, I'm an NSV Ho.

I woke up with nausea and low grade headache. I'm a migraine sufferer and this is my sign that a migraine is brewing. I FORCED myself to do 30 DS. I completed my workout and my head felt a little better. I am now headache free.

I cut the lawn, including some foot tall grass, up and down hills, in 80 something degree heat at 10 am. I kept wanting to quit, it was aerobic activity I was out of breath and my muscles were burning, I didn't stop until I was finished.
  • EAPTX
    EAPTX Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I had a double NSV this weekend! Well, at least double. But the pants - they were a double NSV...

My husband and I were hiking in the mountains this weekend and I realized I had to keep tugging at my blue jeans. So I went the second day to get a new pair. I've worn a size 20 for many years, 22 when times are bad (20 are my skinny jeans). So I figured I'd try an 18. TOO BIG! I had to get a 16 and they fit great!

So the next day with the new jeans, I went to put them on in the morning while husband is out on his daily run/walk. He is quite fit, has been for decades. Now they were too tight. I got them up and almost closed, but I was starting to think I would have to lay down on my back on the bed to zip them. Boo!

Fortunately, I was awake enough to realize they weren't MY blue jeans - they were my husband's! We're about the same height, but I haven't been able to get a leg in his jeans for maybe 30 years. And I almost had them on!

Sensitive man that he is, when I told him he said, "oh, yeah, I have to wear a belt to keep those up." Daughter read him the riot act, which he deserved, but it was okay - I had a double NSV and wasn't going to let him get me down!
  • Ohnoes
    Ohnoes Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    that is fantastic. i surprised myself at a function at my son's school by being able to carry twice as many bags of ice at one time as the other moms. also, they told me that the water dispenser was too heavy to carry when it was full and to fill it in several trips but i didnt listen and it was not too heavy at all. yay for strength, too bad these muscles are still hidden under fat lol
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!