timing of eating?

Options
The last 3 days I've had big calorie deficits but have gained half a pound. I'm wondering if I'm either eating at the wrong time or eating too much at once. I've got no problem staying under my calorie goals Sunday thru Thursdays. I break from my diet for the second half of the day on Friday and all day Saturday. Taking this time off is the only way i've been able to stay on this diet for this long, its been a little over 2 months. Looking at my food diary, I'm piling alot of calories on at dinner so that my stomach doesn't start growling in bed because when it does, it can be dangerous for my eating if you know what I mean. Does anyone have any tips?

Replies

• Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    It's not what time you eat, it's how many calories you consume throughout the day that determines whether you gain or lose weight. I eat the bulk of my calories in the evening and I'm doing just fine!
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    Pizza and Fettucini Alfredo aren't going to help you lose weight :-/
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    gosh I hope that wasn't mean to be snide. Friday was my 5th wedding anniversary and that is not the norm. Oh, and I did lose weight that week. Thank you for the reply though.
  • hill242
    hill242 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Your weight can fluctuate quite a bit on a daily basis, so don't worry a lot about a 1/2 pound "gain" in 3 days. Look more towards overall trends over a period of a month or so. Any change in your eating or activity levels should be given 2-3 weeks minimum before deciding if it works or does not work.
  • CFAITH_WARD
    CFAITH_WARD Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Ok your weekends...what are you doing during them.....ok maybe allow yourself some extra calories on weekend but log them....You had 9 peices of pizza one day that you logged so what did you do during the weekend.....I have pizza but no more then 2 peices in a day with a salad...You need to log your weekends....It will make you see what you are really doing then you might want to cut back some.
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Are you watching sodium? That is one thing that has helped me. Also, I stop eating after 7 or 8 pm. Any time I don't, I notice I stop losing weight. So maybe the bulk of your calories in the evening is what's doing it for you.
  • gnrshelton
    gnrshelton Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Eat small meals all day. Graze. protein, starch, veggie. Keeps it well rounded. Try not to eat bread which i found halts my progress. If you eat mostly at dinner your body thinks it needs to hold onto the fat. Try not to break your diet the whole weekend. If you eat something wrong, make it right by getting right back on track. Don't say I'll just get back to the diet tomorrow. And most of all don't beat yourself up. We all have our "bad" days. Stick with it.
  • dmoore1
    dmoore1 Posts: 1
    Options
    are you getting enough protein? generally speaking us women don't consume enough protein on a daily bases. and i'm told to eat most of your carbs in the early part of your day, with protein and fat in the latter half of the day, with protein.
  • bellanean
    bellanean Posts: 220
    Options
    gosh I hope that wasn't mean to be snide. Friday was my 5th wedding anniversary and that is not the norm. Oh, and I did lose weight that week. Thank you for the reply though.

I saw pizza almost every single day, even for breakfast. It shoulnt matter how much your eating when, but it does matter what your eating.
  • tjbeer
    tjbeer Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am so with you on this. I too like to take a break at the weekends and it is this that makes me stay on track during the week....it is my incentive, a treat if you like. I tend to eat what my body fancies at weekends but I try to do lots of exercise during the day to try and make up for the damage I may cause.

I must confess I do not eat after 7pm. I find if I do, I put on weight.

This has worked for me as I have already lost 70lbs, I am now on my last 10lbs to lose by using MPF.

Good luck and enjoy your weekends
    :happy:
    Tx
  • p90xokc
    p90xokc Posts: 66
    Options
    CFAITH thank you. I'll start doing that. I spend alot of weekends out of town so I'm not always around a computer and I haven't joined the rest of the world when it comes to internet access from my phone. I do know that there are only 2 days a week that I go over my calorie intake. And those days don't add up to more than 1,200 surplus. And I have atleast a 3,500 deficit over the remaing 5 days of the week.
  • tasmus
    tasmus Posts: 1
    Options
    I agrre with some of you, I allow myself some slack on the weekends but work hard during the week. This along with no snacks after dinner evry night help keep the weight off.