Its time to get serious

Options
Hi Guys,
This is my first time posting. I have been with MFP for almost 5 months but I fell off the bandwagon after about 2 months. I had seen some weight loss, I just didn't stick with it. I am 25 years old and live in Phoenix, AZ. I would love to make some friends for support as I seem to be the only one in my life going through a journey like this right now.
My main goal is a lifestyle change; If you eat what you have always eaten, you will weigh what you have always weighed.
I am not hitting the gym too hard but instead focusing on activities that I enjoy (hiking, biking... that's pretty much it for now....).
I love the outdoors and while I respect the gym it has always been a chore for me and very hard for me to stick to.
I am sticking around 1200 kcal a day and then on day I exercise, eating the calories back.
Is anyone else doing something similar to me? I would love to hear from you!

-Paige

Replies

• BethanyRenee15
    Options
    I did the exact same thing! I lost 11 lbs and then went on spring break and didn't log. I ended up not logging for about two months. Finally I decided that I needed to get back on it and I discovered that I had gained 12 lbs... sheshh.
    Anyway I did what you're doing focusing on what you love to do. Not that I have anything against going to a gym but I feel like it's better for you to do something you enjoy than do something that feels like a chore.
    I'm sticking to about 1200 kcals a day too. At first I thought it would be really hard but I love how easy it really is.
    Keep it up! And keep us posted. :flowerforyou:
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/

Calculate your BMR and eat at least that. You can find different videos on youtube to exercise, or try blogilates.com Drink a lot of water and eat a lot of fruits and vegetables.
  • Anmaple
    Anmaple Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm from Phoenix too and have a hard time sticking with MFP, this probably my third attempt in many months. I'm in the middle of a move from Tucson to Phoenix but once I get settled will probably be hiking and riding my bike a lot. Hit me up if you need a workout buddy!
  • paigeconn
    paigeconn Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! I love hiking and am always down for company.