So I made homemade almond milk

Options
2»

Replies

• aileengh
    aileengh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing how many calories in a cup of your homemade. Also let us know the shelf life.
  • totalsham
    totalsham Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing how many calories in a cup of your homemade. Also let us know the shelf life.

shelf life is a tad more then two days.

as for caloric value, who knows... its homemade. im guessing less then store bought since it has less fillers and crap, but like i said, who knows.
  • jbruced
    jbruced Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    However, for me personally it became impractical for actual cooking and whatnot (I know that I could use something else for those instances like coconut milk but I wasn't a fan of doing that either, especially when it's a general recipe that's not thai influenced or something). My husband tried to use it in his soup like he would with milk (since we didn't have milk in the house at the time) and he was not a fan whatsoever. For him, it made the soup inedible.
    I would be interested in knowing what soup your husband made? I have used almond milk in several puree soups with excellent results so I'm curious why got such different results.
  • ehargis09
    ehargis09 Posts: 12
    Options
    I would be interested in knowing what soup your husband made? I have used almond milk in several puree soups with excellent results so I'm curious why got such different results.

It was a nacho cheese soup (that wouldn't be my choice of soup, haha, we eat entirely differently). :/ He said it didn't blend well with the soup and threw off the texture and everything.