Popcorn calculations

Options
I think I've fixed the nutrition on the Gourmet White popcorn I eat one too many times. Seriously, if you are not good at math please don't edit the public food database. Create your own item to mess up.

Replies

• thisismeraw
    thisismeraw Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that users here entering food are from all over the world. The NI for the item you have may be different than one in another country... Or they have entered for a different serving size.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Change it's name to "Torchifys Gourmet white popcorn" then and no one will probably change it then. If it's just called Gourmet white popcorn it could be a different brand with different calories and they think it's the same one when it isn't.
  • Lifting_Knitter
    Lifting_Knitter Posts: 1,025
    Options
    Change it's name to "Torchifys Gourmet white popcorn" then and no one will probably change it then. If it's just called Gourmet white popcorn it could be a different brand with different calories and they think it's the same one when it isn't.

Exactly. Lable it yours!
  • sweetnlow30
    sweetnlow30 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind that users here entering food are from all over the world. The NI for the item you have may be different than one in another country... Or they have entered for a different serving size.

I agree with this. I am in Canada and our serving sizes are often different from the US or sometimes the calorie count is different for the same size serving. I try to find the Canadian version or enter my serving as a fraction.
  • torchify
    torchify Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    No, I'm certain that this was not a regional thing. Its a clear miscalculation. No way 4 cups of popcorn is over 80 carbs, and 1400 sodium. Its not a generic brand either, its Orville Redenbacher's scanned from a upc . I can clearly see how they are miscalculating it from the box. On one column it give 2Tbsp popped and the next column is 1 cup popped. These are not equal values, yet they are equating them. 2Tbsp popped is 3.5 cups popped. I have made my own now(one that doesn't travel), since I cannot rely that my "recent foods" will be the same next time I add it.
  • torchify
    torchify Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    or-gw.jpg