New here

Options
I just signed up for MFP and am looking forward to being part of community of others looking to be more fit and healthy. I am happily married but in need of support since my husband seems to be able to stay rather slim no matter what he eats. :ohwell:

My first instinct was to post a picture of me that reflects where I want to be health and weight wise, but that's not the reality I'm living. I am officially obese and to be completely honest that sucks! I never thought I would see the day that was over 40, out of shape, and obese. I need help and hope to be an encouragement to others.

Blessings to all!

Replies

• MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I can relate. I never thought I's see being in my 40s, being overweight and so out of shape. After I had my kids I got heavy and have been fighting on and off to loss weight. I had gotten down to 170, but since I took my kids out of the public schools and put them into K12 cyber school, I've put it all back on.
    You can add me if you'd like too.
  • phyllisgehrke
    phyllisgehrke Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I can relate with you.

I am 66 but have just joined.
    My husband eats whatever he wants and stays slim.

Every night he has a big bowl of ice cream and I sit there drooling.

Add me as a friend.
  • FindingTimeForMe
    FindingTimeForMe Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I know exactly how you feel. I retired from the military in 05 and have put on 25 pounds. I feel like I was about 20 pounds overweight when I retired so there you go 45 pounds to lose. Stress is my nemisis right now (married, husband battling illness, special needs son and a teenager). Overall I am blessed but stress impacts my weight loss challenge (better yet.....I allow it to). You can add me as a friend if you like. Best to you!! Therese
  • northkoreanmeth
    northkoreanmeth Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sending encouragement your way!
  • terriericcardi
    terriericcardi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Another person who feels your pain here. I'm about to turn 48 :noway: . I have put on almost 30 pounds since I became a stay at home mom. That's been about 9 years now.

My goal is not only to lose weight, but to be healthy. Since I'm an older mom, I need to be careful so I can be active for my herd of young kids and grand kids.

To that end, I have started the 15 day Reboot program. It's based on the movie Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead. Today is day 1.