Week 2 of Insanity done

Today is my rest day but I am getting discouraged. While I do feel and see my body toning up I have not lost any inches. Last time I attempted insanity my results were almost instant. I lost weight and inches. I had to stop because school work began to get heavy and I was working 10 hour days and was too exhausted to workout. The last couple of months I have gained a lot of weight. I have never been this heavy before and I remembered the results I had the first time so I am attempting it again. I am going to stick with it this time it is just frustrating when I'm not having the same results.

Anyone else have this problem or something similar??

Replies

• jeremyw1977
    jeremyw1977 Posts: 505 Member
    I have had some issues with putting on some weight during Insanity, at least during Phase 1.
    Once I got past the Recovery Week and into Phase 2, my body started burning like a fiend.

It might also help to evaluate what or how much you are feeding your body.
    If you are trying to stick to a 1200 calorie regiment, that might be counterproductive to your goals.

I have been doing intense workouts like Insanity, Asylum, and Les Mills Combat (intense cardio/circuit training) and realized that I had to up my calorie intake before my body would start "doing its job".

It's a curious balancing act, and after months of "experimentation", I finally found that balance and my body started burning like crazy.
  • aldsa
    aldsa Posts: 4
    That helps a lot!! And I have been hearing that month 2 is when the results really start to show.

Thank you so much!
  • rezn8
    rezn8 Posts: 263 Member
    Stick to it and you will reap the rewards. I actually gained about 3lbs in the first 3-4 weeks the first time I did Insanity. It wasn't until the 5th week that I actually saw a loss. After the 9 weeks was up I lost about 14lbs. and kept going from there. With Insanity and diet I lost a total of 5" off the waist and have gotten into great shape. I gained 6lbs. doing Asylum and Asylum 2 but it doesn't bother me because there has been no gain in the waist. I am thinner and fitter now than when I got married 26 years ago.
    Also, as Jeremy states, make sure you are eating enough. If you try to stay on the low calorie diet you are going to mess up your metabolism. You need to feed your workout to truly benefit from it.
  • aldsa
    aldsa Posts: 4
    Ok that gives me hope!!!! I'm not going to quit by any means

And I think I have to up my intake because I feel way too exhausted all of the time