Today is my 375th day of logging! 50lbs down!

Options
As of today I have been logging in for the past 375 days!

Initially, I wanted to lose weight for my wedding (which was in November of last year!) I lost 25 pounds before my wedding, and have dropped another 25 in the past six months.

Starting weight:194
Wedding weight:164
Current weight: 144

I am 5'10" and have always been more of a muscular build- thanks to softball and cheerleading! I was one of those people that didn't necessarily look heavy, but my weight was certainly creeping up there. It got to the point where I dreading trying on clothes and hated looking in the mirror. I had to make a change.

I started going to a fitness bootcamp, changed my diet to consist mainly of lean protein, veggies, and fruit, and quit drinking soda. Myfitnesspal has helped motivate me throughout this journey. It has been a wonderful tool to hold me accountable.

I have reached my official goal weight, and I have never been happier with the way my body looks and feels. I feel strong and healthy, and I am so happy I made these changes a little over a year ago.

So, to all of you who have just started your weight loss journey, KEEP GOING! You can reach your goal!

I planned on posting pictures, but I couldn't figure out how :/

Feel free to add me as a friend. I have an open diary and would love more friends to help keep up the motivation!

Replies

• ksimmons19
    ksimmons19 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm also tall (5'9") and athletic back in the day with a muscular build still in there (somewhere..) I have 50 lbs to lose now as well! Congrats on your weight loss you look great!
  • ShrinkingLauren88
    ShrinkingLauren88 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    now that's dedication!!!
  • esteingruby
    esteingruby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It has been so helpful for me to find other tall women to be friends with on here. The "ideal" weight range is so vast for our height it is tough to determine a healthy goal weight. Initially, I never thought I'd make it under 150-that was my ULTIMATE goal weight. But, I recently started kickboxing and that is how the last five pounds have come off!

I am content weighing 145 right now. I feel like I look muscular and fit, rather than skinny.

I know you can reach your goal too! You've just got to stick with it. It really is a daily battle sometimes to make the healthy eating choices. Step by step, day by day!

Good luck!
  • ElisabethSarahRose
    ElisabethSarahRose Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    What a great achievement!
  • Whtmask
    Whtmask Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You look amazing! :)
  • JenRun1
    JenRun1 Posts: 212
    Options
    Huge Congrats! I love kick boxing too, it is my second favorite workout :)
  • DearJuliaG
    DearJuliaG Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is commitment! Great job - you look amazing. Goes to show us that it is a journey not a quick trip. Congratulations!!
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Congrats . . . . Job well done .
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    You do look great, but I looked at your diary and you only net an average of 800 calories a day. Is that right? That doesn't seem healthy.
  • enchanted_daydream
    enchanted_daydream Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! congrats!
  • JCHH88
    JCHH88 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats! . Have sent a friend request as we are the same age with very similar goals. :)
  • Beckaroo94
    Beckaroo94 Posts: 66
    Options
    Well done, that's fantastic :D I hope I stay as dedicated as you are! This is my third say or so
  • esteingruby
    esteingruby Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    No, I'm sorry about that too! That has been my goal for the next year, to be more accurate at putting in my food. You're right, that wouldnt be healthy if I were only eating 800-900 per day.

I usually plan my main meals the day before and input them. I often forget to put in a couple snackies and munchies I have throughout the day.

For example, nearly every morning I have a couple tablespoons of peanut butter. I almost always have about 5 dried prunes when i come home from the gym in the evening. And I usually snack on some mixed unsalted nuts throughout the day. My caloric goal throughout my weight loss was 1200, so I always aimed to make it to at least that number. I also never add the sauces or oil I cook with. I should be better about that!

Now that I have reached my goal weight, I am slowly trying to add back calories and some carbs. I mainly follow a low glycemic/ low carb/ vegetarian diet. So adding healthy calories back has been a slow process. I want to make sure I'm using those extra calories for nutritious items, not cupcakes :)

Thanks for the extra motivation to be more accurate with my diary. I would hate to make people think the way to lose weight is not eat enough! Eating enough is so important to weight loss.
  • rowanwood
    rowanwood Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I'm very happy to hear that. I just get scared when I see a super low diary, because it's like a red flag. I know about failing to log occasionally though. Keep on keeping on. :)
  • scubabetty
    scubabetty Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    You look great! Fellow tall girl here (5'11") and you have inspired me to set some more ambitious goals!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS!! WAY TO GO!
  • ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Love inspiring stories!! =) You look great!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!