Started about a month ago

Options
Hello All

I joined MFP about a month ago and absolutely love it. I looked in the mirror and said to myself its time to change my life and I did I have been watching what I have been eating and I have been exercising I feel a lot better about myself but feel like there is more I can. Anybody have any other suggestions. When I started this on May 5, 2013 my starting weight was 314 this being my heaviest. To date I have lost 21 lbs..

Replies

• jmadams111
    jmadams111 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You are losing at a high enough rate that you really don't need to do more unless you are starving yourself; just stay with it!

Good luck.
  • gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    nice job 21 lbs in a month that's awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! take measurements and also progress pics because some times the scale don't move as much as you'd like but the tape measure does. welcome to the MFP family.
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    WTG! Start adding more activity and the more weight that comes off the better you will feel apt hthus more motivation. You will have bad weeks and good weeks but keep trying.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing amazingly as it is! Congrats on the awesome start :)
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congratulations on your progress thus far!! The only suggestions I can make is to stick with it and don't give up. Youwill have lots of good days and some bad ones when you may overeat or don't want to exercise. But the key is doing better at your next meal or the next day and not letting one "bad" meal or poor choices derail you. Keep up the great job you're doing
  • micqs
    micqs Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! You should feel insanely proud of yourself! Ive been using it off and one for awhile but I decided last month that I needed to stay committed because of my feelings towards myself. I lost 5 pounds this past month and I want to contribute it to MFP and the individuals on it. Everyone who adds me or that I add are extremely motivational and seeing their results and what they do provides excellent motivation for me to keep going! Just keep going and doing what you are doing. Sometimes I find that I can make better food choices when I look at my friends diaries. And if I am craving something, I post about it and if its a bad idea I get told it is a bad idea! OR Im given alternatives to those bad ideas. lol! I think people really feed off of each other and when you surround yourself with people who care about others and themselves (on the internet or in life), it helps provide the mindset for you to keep going.

Feel free to add me!
  • cbachie
    cbachie Posts: 3
    Options