No more lurking.

Options
Having logged and lurked around the message boards everyday for a month I figured its probably time to put myself out there a bit.

So yeah I'm Lois and I'm just looking for some fitness friends :)

Replies

• jenine4366
    jenine4366 Posts: 11
    Options
    I have been lurking a lot lately too. I just started using the forums for motivation and help. Feel free to add me. I log my food and exercise regularly.
  • LoisRoseTav
    LoisRoseTav Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey. Thank you for replying. I've added you. Trying to break the habit of just admiring everyone's hard work from a far and getting stuck in. How long have been using this website?
  • Donald_Dozier_50
    Donald_Dozier_50 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are interested. I do log in multiple times a day and long in all food consumed. I also promptly reply to all messages.
    GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR WEIGHT LOSS JOURNEY ! !
  • LA2HA
    LA2HA Posts: 4
    Options
    Hey guys! I am a new active member. My goals are in line with many others- building muscle and cutting fat. My main issue is READING about exercise and bodybuilding, without actually DOING the work. Made a new promise to myself- Join me, would ya?
    -LardAss-2HardAss
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome to the site, we have so much fun here. Its just amazing the motivation I get from others every day. I also receive much needed advice. I hope I can help you in your success by being a friend. Adding!
  • dar9757
    dar9757 Posts: 28
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! Feel free to add me. I love to give and receive advice and encouragement!
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    stop lurking around lol seriously though this is a great site even if onlyo to give you an exact idea exactly how good or bad the foods you put into your body are. Feel free to add me..love to see people succeed.
  • nukebhs83
    nukebhs83 Posts: 158
    Options
    hi and welcome. please add me if you like. anyone can that would like to be friends.
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Having logged and lurked around the message boards everyday for a month I figured its probably time to put myself out there a bit.

So yeah I'm Lois and I'm just looking for some fitness friends :)

Seriously its the BEST thing you can do! When I started (Jan '12) I spent a month or so lurking and logging with no friends at all...I did alright with the losing, but didn't really get the whole greatness of the site until I started on the message boards and had people supporting me. I even met some awesome people I now know in RL that I've done races and gone on trips and call wonderful friends through the message boards. When I stopped being social is when I kind of fell off track, so I definitely can't say enough about NOT lurking haha! Good luck to you!!
  • jenine4366
    jenine4366 Posts: 11
    Options
    Hey. Thank you for replying. I've added you. Trying to break the habit of just admiring everyone's hard work from a far and getting stuck in. How long have been using this website?

I started using it over a year ago (maybe two?) but I started logging consistently again a month ago. I've found when I log consistently and hold myself accountable to my calories in/out I can lose the weight. The 6th will be one month since my initial weigh-in/measurements for this round and I know I'm down a few pounds and found I am putting my belt one notch tighter already.
  • dessertlover27
    dessertlover27 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I lurked for over a year. Haha. But best decision ever was taking part and adding some awesome new friends. So, feel free to add me, everyone else can too, as long as they are active on MFP. :smile: