New Here too!

Options
I'm new here and after looking around might be older than most here ... eh um ... 55 is my age. I've been up and down with my weight since I turned 30. I'm now about 200 and want to be around 140. I'm 5'3" and have heart disease and diabetes ... both are being controlled with medication. So... I need to loose my weight. I don't get much exercise since my job consists of sitting at a desk all day. I do walk about 2 blocks each day to get to work. Glad to be here and hope to be a support to others and find support for myself.

Replies

• MaryBLee
    MaryBLee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm also new here. I'm 46 and at 210 now. I'm 5'4". I don't move around a lot. I'm trying to change that.
  • SinomenJen
    SinomenJen Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I am 44 with a focus on exercise and getting to a healthy weight!
  • Muunlite
    Muunlite Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi MBLee67. Nice to meet you. I hope recording everything I eat will help me and having a place to come and share whats happening with it.
  • shannonhames
    shannonhames Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I finally started back up on this! I had a baby almost 7 weeks ago and trying to get back into my clothes! I will be 30 in July a d would like to feel better about myself when that happens...I am breast feeding but I don't know how many calories to eat in a day.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!
  • chrislynn_marie
    chrislynn_marie Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I log daily and try to be very interactive.
  • Soozie1978
    Soozie1978 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I am soon to be 57 and have had some success over the last year and a half, losing about 40 pounds. Unfortunately, I have regained about 14 pounds over the last few months dealing with my aging parents and other stresses. I am recommitting to taking those off and continuing on my journey to regain my health. I also have diabetes, diabetic neuropathy, hypothyroidism, and metabolic syndrom. I am trying to avoid the heart disease and stroke that are right around the corner if I don't win this battle!

I have found that logging everything I eat and all my activity (or lack thereof) makes me very aware of my choices. Sometimes I still make poor choices, but I am at least aware of what I am doing! I'll send you a friend request.
  • SWicke
    SWicke Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm semi-new here! I've had the app for quite some time but never got serious for one excuse or another. I'm in search of some on-line accountability partners to help keep me motivated. I was always fit and fabulous until my kids started school, I got a few promotions at work, and little by little I packed on the pounds. I wanted the pounds gone by the time I hit 40. February came and went...I lost 17 pounds...then put 10 back on. My new goal is to have the weight off while I'm in my 40's.
  • Aaerios
    Aaerios Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Welcome new members! From my experience of keeping a food log, it's an incredible way to monitor your caloric and macronutrient requirements needed per day. Best of luck!